Creative Producer - Interactive Program Manager
Universal Creative is the planning and development division of Universal Parks and Resorts, which is one of the many businesses within NBCUniversal. We are ideally situated in Orlando, Florida, which has become widely known as the theme park and resort capital of the world. We are responsible for the design, development, and delivery of all resort and theme park concepts for all of Universal vacation destinations worldwide Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in 2020 in Beijing, China. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world.
What sets Universal Creative apart?
We rarely wear suits. We think pop culture is fascinating and newsworthy. We are aware that possibilities are not limited by todays realities. We know that everyone has good ideas (and the occasional bad one as well). We know that the world is large and varied, and that we touch all of it. We know that most high school guidance counselors dont know our jobs exist. We know that if this were easy, everyone would be doing it. We know that there is an eclectic assortment of talented people from various professional backgrounds at the heart of Universal Creative. In addition, we embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. We are a diverse group, but united by a common goal: to dream and deliver the best possible out-of-home entertainment for people from every walk of life. In order to make that happen, Universal Creative relies on collaboration, hard work, synchronicity, a bit of luck, and a bunch of talented, experienced people who do not let ego and turf stand in the way of brilliance. We depend on a team of people who understand the task, the business implications, and refuse to be defeated by the challenge to fuse fantasy with physics. Universal Creative embraces The Universal Way by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the development and management of all assigned project-related aesthetic, show and guest-experience elements. Acts as the Creative Lead on assigned projects, supervising any assigned staff and their workloads, vendors and consultants and determines strategies insuring the successful completion of all tasks and/or assignments through all aspects of design and production from original concept through final installation. Responsible for maintaining budget and schedule for assigned work. Participates in Intellectual Property owner relationship.
- Manages, interprets and communicates development of project concept and design intent. Translates and presents concept and design to a variety of audiences.
- Interfaces with and manages appropriate internal and external resources through every phase of design, production and installation. Assures appropriate guest-experience and creative intent support for internal and external contributors including development of Creative Intent Documentation, Attraction Scopes and Close-out Documentation and oversight of quality standards and design intent.
- Develops and manages strategic sourcing and staffing plans to support show development and production efforts. Makes employment decisions, including hiring, terminating and promotional recommendations. Evaluates subordinate personnel on creative, technical, leadership and interpersonal skills. Negotiates and procures outside resources as necessary.
- Develops, manages and reports status on design and production budgets schedules.
SCOPE: Responsible for the development and management of all assigned project-related aesthetic, show and guest-experience elements. In concert with creative and design staff, the Creative Producer helps to define and ensures compliance with Creative goals and intent; develops the design and oversees the production and installation of themed environments (attraction interiors, attraction exteriors, land/area development as appropriate); informs and advises Management of Project status and Issues. Acts as the Creative Lead on assigned projects, supervising any assigned staff and their workloads, vendors and consultants and determines strategies insuring the successful completion of all tasks and/or assignments through all aspects of design and production from original concept through final installation. Responsible for maintaining budget and schedule for assigned work. Participates in Intellectual Property owner relationship.
- Strong design and production portfolio.
- Knowledge of budgeting, scheduling, bid package preparation and variety of vendors.
- Knowledge of theme park technologies, including ride, A/V, robotics, engineering and various show systems.
- Knowledge of theme park related architectural, project management and production/construction practices.
- Demonstrates ability to lead staff, instill a spirit of teamwork and promote staff development.
- Makes independent choices free from immediate supervision.
- Possesses solid aesthetic sensibilities and storytelling skills to support the creative process and to facilitate communication between all disciplines.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree: Preferred, from a four year college or university in Theatrical Arts, Theme Park Associated Design, or a related field.
- Required 3-5 Years: experience in theme park design and design management.
- Required 5-7 Years: experience in theatrical, theme park or other media related design/production field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
ITS A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2017 Universal Studios. 2017 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE