Manager, Graphic Fabrication & Implementation - Universal Creative
Universal Creative is the planning and development division of Universal Parks and Resorts, which is one of the many businesses within NBCUniversal. We are ideally situated in Orlando, Florida, which has become widely known as the theme park and resort capital of the world. We are responsible for the design, development, and delivery of all resort and theme park concepts for all of Universal vacation destinations worldwide Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for managing the design, fabrication, integration and installation of project related graphics. Working with a multitude of Universal Orlando departments and project Team Members to ensure all signage needs are met.
- Produces Contracts and manages progress from design through installation.
- Interface with architects and engineers to meet the project requirements.
- Manage the third party design effort of all signage, building signs, and ghost graphics needed for each project.
- Supervises/handles the installation to ensure compliance with contract specifications.
- Manages the production at vendor locations ensuring project quality, creative intent, specific conformance and schedule accuracy through installation.
- Develops and oversees project schedules and budgetary demands.
- Oversees the Universal Creative Directive of Final Acceptance (DFA) process for all contracts written.
SCOPE: Manages the design, fabrication and installation of all signage needed for each project. This will incorporate the Operational needs while keeping with the creative intent of the project.
QUALIFICATIONS: Analytical Thinking, Microsoft Office, Project Management, Communicate Clearly w/Team, Conceptual Thinking, Creativity, Flexibility, Negotiate, Organizational skills, Research, Overhead Safety Codes, Building Codes, Problem solving abilities, multi-tasking ability and Writing.
Ability to walk and maneuver on a construction site is mandatory.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree is required in Management and/or Communications from a four year college or university or a related field experience.
- 0-1 Year: Previous experience with turnkey projects, specifically within the entertainment/theme park industry is preferred.
- 3-5 Years: Relevant project management experience is required.
- 5-7 Years: Theme park construction and industry knowledge/experience is required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
ITS A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2018 Universal Studios. 2018 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE