The YMCA of Central Florida is seeking a cause-driven Youth Development Director to join our Lake Nona YMCA Family Center. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Youth Development Director provides day-day leadership over the following areas: Before & After School Program Operations, Summer Day Camp Operations and Preschool Education.
This individual will be held accountable for program quality and the member experience related to youth development operations. S/he will implement parent/child enrichment programs that promote retention of existing members as well as engagement of new members. The incumbent must be a team motivator with the ability to lead the youth development initiatives for the Lake Nona Y and achieve targeted program goals and expectations.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic team player with excellent interpersonal and management skills to effectively communicate and collaborate with all departments, staff, parents and leaders to achieve desired results. S/he should have financial acumen to oversee employee payroll / timecards and ensure staff are paid correctly while staying within their department budget. S/he must ensure proper implementation of staff schedules and procedures to provide maximum opportunities for member/staff connections as well as maintain required staff to student ratios. This individual will monitor daily operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA of Central Florida health and safety standards and policies. This individual will ensure all staff are current with required certifications for their positions. S/he must have flexible availability to work during peak times of business that will include early mornings, week days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Our Association is enjoying tremendous growth while providing national leadership in the areas of unique health strategies and community collaborations.
Be part of something BIGGER and make a real IMPACT with a youth development leadership career at the YMCA of Central Florida!
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; Education or related field of study preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience in youth development programs, and summer camp programming required.
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience in staff supervision and leadership required.
- YMCA youth development or related operations experience preferred.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations of each program offered to members and program participants.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; Oracle experience a plus.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Must have proven experience in program growth, specifically in the areas of: youth development and summer camps.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Affordable and quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan.
- YMCA membership for employee and household.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Exceptional career opportunities.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.