Sr. Accountant (UPR)
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: This position plays an active role through all stages of the accounting process including close processes, account reconciliations, consolidations, and financial statement creation and analysis using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Key contributor to the monthly and quarterly close process including posting journal entries, preparing account reconciliations and investigating variances to expectations
- Provide insight and executive presentations to company leaders to ensure they have the most up to date and reliable information to make the best decisions possible
- Record and report financial transactions and prepare monthly financial statements including balance sheets, profit and loss and subsidiary statements
- Assist with NBCUniversal corporate reporting by compiling, reviewing and analyzing requested financial information
- Lead and assist in ad hoc projects designed to improve processes within the finance organization while also seeking to create buy-in and build consensus among stakeholders
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree required
EXPERIENCE: 3+ years professional working experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Masters Degree preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred
- Experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
ITS A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2018 Universal Studios. 2018 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE