Director, Finance - Accounting and Reporting
Universal Parks & Resorts is comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. We are a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun whos serious about their work. A person who knows it doesnt take magic to put a smile on a guests face it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Universals theme parks offer exactly the kind of vacation families crave bringing together popular cultures most compelling stories, characters and adventures to create some of the worlds most innovative and entertaining attraction experiences. These are immersive, next-level, adventures such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, outrageously fun attractions such as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and highly themed, authentic experiences based on cutting-edge television, such as Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. We embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. Universal Parks & Resorts adheres to The Universal Way by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts provides world-class entertainment destinations with signature theme parks that create unparalleled entertainment.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides strategic direction in the finance function for all theme parks within the Universal Parks & Resorts division, which includes both domestic and international theme parks. Specific job duties entail ensuring accuracy of financial results (accounting function) and financial reporting submissions to NBCU and Comcast (financial reporting function). Job involves leading a team of senior managers and/or managers. Candidate must participate in financial reviews with executive leadership.
- Direct and supervise the overall accounting function. Manage finance staff by providing leadership, coaching, mentoring, career development, and performance management.
- Lead the financial reporting process through interactions with VP, Finance-Controller and business unit/department leaders to ensure timely and accurate reporting to Senior Management and Corporate groups.
- Lead the month-end close process including review of journal entries internal reports, and consolidated financial statements. Communicate with business units/departments to ensure that all close deadlines are met and results are reported accurately. Manage the monthly/quarterly variance commentary process and perform other analytics as required
- Oversee quarterly account reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts to ensure that reconciliations are accurate and prepared and submitted in accordance with NBCU account reconciliation policy.
- Assists SVP, Finance-Controller with ad hoc projects. Tasks include research of highly complex accounting issues and summarizing research results into effective memorandums and executive summaries. Additionally, candidates are responsible for presenting accounting positions to the NBCU controllership team.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required. Bachelors degree is required. Masters degree is required (Masters or other advanced degree required for CPA).
EXPERIENCE: 5 or more years (3-5 supervisory) of accounting, business experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: CPA required
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Occasional local and long distance travel may be required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
ITS A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2018 Universal Studios. 2018 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE