Sr. Manager, Content & Engagement Strategy
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: The Content Engagement Team plays a critical role in driving deep engagement with our target audience through content, community, storytelling, and experiential initiatives. They will focus on original videos, editorial articles, fan-first activations, and innovative forms of customer engagement that brings our brand to life in relevant ways in support of our business objectives.
Content and Channel Strategy
- Translate marketing strategies, and audience insights into content strategies that can be leveraged to create tactical plans to engage and build brand love with our audience.
- Oversee the development of the strategy and execution of multiple audience segment content and experience plans and programs
- Lead the content and engagement channel strategy and management of UO content engagement digital channels to drive omni-channel engagement and audience development. (UO Blog, Sales Community and social media channels)
- Responsible for concepting break-through guest first videos, articles, and other content executions that are valuable to our audience and drive action
- Further establish our 1-1 engagement strategies to best in class community management
- Prioritize and oversee our best in class fan first experiences to extend the value proposition to our fans.
- Insure brand-marketing objectives are synthesized into creative concepts and seamlessly translated into content executions across many formats navigating from big picture to small details.
- Oversee and lead social media strategy that contributes to the overall content engagement initiatives
Content Development and Programming
- Establish overall content development workflow process and best practices, and help manage these functions with efficiency and output quality.
- Lead a team that manages the content development process and idea generation to get us to on brand and break-though ideas
- Lead the integration of all content engagement segment efforts and overseeing the channel programming calendar
- Oversee the content engagement disciplined cross-channel programming capabilities
- Manage and grow a group of multi-skilled content and programming managers that integrate with the entire marketing organization
- Provides thought leadership on social media, content and experiential marketing trends.
- Build and execute a quarterly content roadmap, and presents status and performance updates to the business.
- Communication and implementation of industry-wide content strategy best practices
- Serve as a central connection point for content engagement to insure integration with digital strategy and digital channel teams.
- Align with digital strategy to integrate Content Engagement, CRM, web, and, media teams to ensure a holistic content promotion strategy for content engagement efforts
- Work with analytics team to understand what success looks like across a number of platforms; make decisions about future initiatives based on data and performance.
- Work with legal and brand teams to ensure that all content produced is compliant and accurate.
Establish new processes for internal collaboration and review to optimize content development process
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree (degree in Marketing, Journalism, English, or Communication is preferred)
- 6 years of experience in management roles, and 8+ years of experience in some combination of digital production, digital publishing, consumer brand or marketing/communications agency
- Expert familiarity with the digital content landscape and industry, including content distribution strategies and best practices
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Proven ability to lead a team working in a matrix organization on crossfunctional projects, including Content, Product, Marketing, PR, Creative, Legal, Promotions, and more.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of production and post-production processes along with the best practices and technologies that support them.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead cross-functional teams; able to win support of peers, seniors and juniors for projects
- Experience with Sprinklr, WordPress, SiteCatalyst, SalesForce Marketing Cloud and/or Social Studio a plus
- 3-5 Years experience in social media, digital media, or digital communications and a strong understanding of social media channels is preferred.
- Strong writing skills preferred.
- Must have experience with the Microsoft office suites.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2018 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE