Associate Show Producer - Rides, Attractions, and Shows
Universal Creative is the planning and development division of Universal Parks and Resorts, which is one of the many businesses within NBCUniversal. We are ideally situated in Orlando, Florida, which has become widely known as the theme park and resort capital of the world. We are responsible for the design, development, and delivery of all resort and theme park concepts for all of Universal vacation destinations worldwide Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world.
What sets Universal Creative apart?
We rarely wear suits. We think pop culture is fascinating and newsworthy. We are aware that possibilities are not limited by todays realities. We know that everyone has good ideas (and the occasional bad one as well). We know that the world is large and varied, and that we touch all of it. We know that most high school guidance counselors dont know our jobs exist. We know that if this were easy, everyone would be doing it. We know that there is an eclectic assortment of talented people from various professional backgrounds at the heart of Universal Creative. In addition, we embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. We are a diverse group, but united by a common goal: to dream and deliver the best possible out-of-home entertainment for people from every walk of life. In order to make that happen, Universal Creative relies on collaboration, hard work, synchronicity, a bit of luck, and a bunch of talented, experienced people who do not let ego and turf stand in the way of brilliance. We depend on a team of people who understand the task, the business implications, and refuse to be defeated by the challenge to fuse fantasy with physics. Universal Creative embraces The Universal Way by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting the Producer in the development and management of all assigned project-related aesthetic, show and guest-experience elements. In concert with creative and design staff, the Associate Producer helps to define and insures compliance with Creative goals and intent; informing and advising Producer and Creative Director of project status and issues. Acts as the creative liaison on assigned projects, helping to supervise staff and subcontractors and implements strategies insuring the successful completion of all tasks and/or assignments through all aspects of design and production. Responsible for the receipt, analysis and coordination of staff and subcontractor submissions related to design, fabrication and installation of attractions. Oversees select staff and/or subcontractors with duties including the management of schedules and budgets, assurance of contractual compliance, and assurance of product quality as it relates to creative and technical functions. Organizes and assists in establishing effective project management practices. Assists the Executive Producer, Creative Director, and Art Director to produce and manage the show design team.
- Supervises receipt/inventory and evaluation of project resources/materials, including design and technical documentation, contract documents and deliverables, and correspondence, as required to ensure that the project team is apprised of real-time cost/schedule and quality implications related to any detected anomalies. Aids in the coordination of the creative and technical design process to ensure that design intent, budget and schedule goals for the project are met.
- Provides direction to project team to ensure the completion of specific critical path action items. Helps to develop and maintain project schedule and work plans to ensure that items noted with completion dates are receiving the attention required by team members.
- Directly manages select design subcontractors, as required. Typical duties include:
- Resource database management.
- Resource sourcing and contracting.
- Bidding, negotiating cost, schedule, and scope changes against base agreements.
- Ensuring compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Performing oversight of vendor onsite and offsite activities.
- Evaluating and anticipating vendor needs and working to proactively address any potential project issues and assisting project management with evaluation of technical performance and adherence to the contract requirements, which includes all aspects of the project.
- Assists the project team with bidding and awarding of the show/ride vendors for projects. This includes but is not limited to developing a bidders list and preparing an RFP. The RFP includes instructions for the bid, bid response forms, Construction Agreement, General Conditions, Scope of Work, Drawings, Wage and Equipment Rates, Schedule of unit prices, Payment and performance bonds, General Requirements, Safety and health requirements, Specifications, Questions and Answer and Addendums.
- Interfaces with all internal disciplines and park operations to promote communication and work flow.
- Schedules creative sessions as needed and facilitates design and production work of various creative vendors.
- Updates and maintains attraction documentation including deliverables lists, RFP creative documentation, Prolog entries, and eCCR generation.
- Prepares progress reports. This Includes but is not limited to monthly status and progress reports to the Executive Producer or the Project Director and Show producer. These reports feed into the overall attraction monthly update presented to senior management.
- Design, production and management portfolio.
- Knowledge of design management, work planning, budgeting, scheduling, bid package preparation and variety of vendors.
- Some knowledge of theme park technologies including ride, A/V, robotics, engineering, and various show systems.
- Some knowledge of theme park related architectural, project management, organizational, and production/construction practices.
- Demonstrates ability to lead others on specific tasks and assignments, instill a spirit of teamwork and promote staff development.
- Possesses aesthetic sensibilities and storytelling skills to support the creative process and to facilitate positive and productive communication between all disciplines.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree is required. Theatrical Arts, Theme Park Associated Design, or related field is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 5-7 Years: Project experience as either project coordinator, assistant to producer; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Oversees and supports efforts of staff and sub-contractors assembled to support specific project-related tasks. Number and types of staff will vary dependent upon the Project. All staff and sub-contractors are assigned under the Creative Studio or the Project Creative Design Team.
- Role requires collaboration and teamwork skills with Internal and External Partners. Requires effective communication skills. Requires a positive can-do attitude. Must be a problem solver. Should be able to thrive under pressure in a challenging work environment.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
ITS A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2017 Universal Studios. 2017 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE