Position: Member Services Representative, Part-time
Location: Golden Triangle YMCA Family Center (Lake County)
Do you provide outstanding customer service and promote an engaging personalized experience for guests? Do you have experience in office support functions? Do you want to be part of a cause driven organization? Our Golden Triangle YMCA Family Center is seeking a talented, energetic, organized and customer service focused individual to join our membership team as a Membership Services Representative. This individual will promote the benefits of a YMCA membership and provide a personalized health and wellness experience.
This individual must be able to work a flexible part-time schedule based on operation needs, that may include early morning, days, evenings and weekends. The incumbent is responsible for communicating with staff, members, volunteers and visitors in a highly professional manner; retaining membership, answering the telephone, answering member questions. This individual may also lead tours to perspective members. S/he will ultimately support the retention of our existing members, and growth of new members within the Family Center. Prior call-center or office support experience is a plus!
- Perform facility access control duties by checking in members and program participants entering the building.
- Member call center duties
- Ensure that membership card is presented or proper guest fee, if required, is paid.
- Conduct interviews/tours to promote membership.
- Assist members and customers courteously.
- Meet and greet members and visitors in a positive and professional manner as a representative of the YMCA.
- Answer the telephone in a prompt, courteous manner.
- Enter membership and program enrollment data into Oracle, print receipts, and give receipts to members and program participants.
- Ensure the security of the association enforcing policy regarding visitors and maintains visitors log.
- Give membership and program information to walk in and phone in customers.
- Assist Membership Director and perform miscellaneous tasks as directed and required.
- Perform routine filing and posts all rosters.
- Maintain clean and professional appearance for self and facility.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
- Excellent communicators (over the telephone and in person)
- Extremely goal oriented
- Self-directed but also can work within a team or group environment
- Proficient in MS Office, internet research, social media savvy
- Proficient in using online appointment tracking systems and membership database systems
- General knowledge of the YMCA’s programs, services and community-impact
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience in sales and/ or customer service required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a support, telecommunications, or call-center required; within a fitness, retail or hospitality related industry preferred.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends and holidays as needed.
May be required to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. in various forms.
May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time while demonstrating manual dexterity in order to accurately work on the phone, computer keyboard, and other equipment.
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- YMCA membership for employees; discounts for household.
- Learn, Grow and Thrive with a career at the Y! As one of the leading YMCA Associations in the country, there are many growth and advancement opportunities.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.