Financial Analyst - Financial Planning & Analysis
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Assist in the financial analysis and planning functions for the Financial Planning and Analysis department, specifically management of marquee event reporting and analysis, assistance in the strategic and annual operating plans and forecasts, data mining and analysis, and new business development and ad hoc analysis.
- Drive the tracking, reporting, and strategy for Marquee Events.
- Assist in development of the Annual Operating Plan and Latest Estimates and head count.
- Assist in management and maintenance of budgeting and reporting software, including system access, global assumptions, system dimensions, reports, budget utilities, and budget workbooks to meet end-user needs.
- Mine and collect data (both structured and unstructured) to detect patterns, opportunities and insights that drive our business.
- Complete analysis of new business development opportunities. Conduct ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret spread sheets.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree from a four year college or university in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field required.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 Years experience in financial analysis required. 5-7 Years experience in finance preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2018 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE