Sr. Analyst, Assurance & Advisory
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: To develop and conduct financial and operational audits/reviews/ studies with a control and process improvement focus. The A&A Senior will ensure the adequacy of, and compliance with, Universal Parks & Resorts (UPR) policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, asset/information security and integrity, as well as the overall internal control environment. This position is responsible for developing proactive solutions, communicating potential impacts on the business, and will work closely with cross-functional partners and leadership to ensure business needs are met. The A&A Senior delivers value-added services to the organization through a consultative approach that includes process engineering, business analytics, and thought leadership.
- Develop and conduct audits/reviews/studies that are efficient, customer focused, and provide value to the business; coordinate and document audit work papers, current/future state process maps, and other deliverables
- Work collaboratively across the business to drive value through participation in consulting projects and ad hoc requests
- Communicate observations and useful findings across all levels of a multifaceted organization
- Assist with Annual Risk Assessment and Audit Plan development
- Provide assistance to other Internal and External Audit functions and projects as necessary
- Attend various technical and professional trainings, including all required Environmental, Health & Safety sessions
- Critical thinking capabilities, specifically when considering internal controls and their application to business processes and risk assessments
- Strong documentation, executive report writing, and presentation skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to take ownership, work independently, and produce accurate and timely results
- Capable of balancing competing priorities while working on a variety of activities that span across many different functions
- Process improvement conceptual and/or applications knowledge (Lean/Six Sigma)
- Proficient financial, statistical, and analytical capabilities
- Ability to turn information into insights
- Emerging leader capabilities
- Foundational technical auditing and accounting knowledge
- Strong facilitation and consulting skills with the ability to interact well with others on a direct basis
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree is required (Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Business Administration, or related field)
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: CPA or MBA preferred, CIA (IA), CISA or CISSP (IA-IT), and/or Six Sigma Certification preferred.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Infrequent travel.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2018 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE