Sr. Financial Analyst, Analytics & Data Mining
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: General job purpose is to provide analytical, data mining and reporting functions for Operational Finance and/or other departments and stakeholders. This includes partnering with various business operators and finance areas delivering high quality customer service while influencing decisions and driving financial results. Additional aspect of job includes ensuring department deadlines are met and company policies are adhered to as well as identifying departmental process improvements. Candidate must participate in financial reviews with executive leadership. Job involves managing direct reports.
- Create and execute automation and data mining requests utilizing SQL, Access and Excel.
- Develop ad hoc and new business programs analysis, ROIs, and financial models utilizing sensitivity and scenario tools.
- Manage and develop finance staff
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of business results utilizing Excel and BI tools.
- Perform in-depth analysis on actual financial performance extending findings to provide meaningful recommendations.
- Oversee and develop key metric forecasts as well as provide budget support based on trends in the business/industry.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Highly analytical mindset, critical thinker, with strong attention to details.
- Ability to develop useful analytical tools and effectively communicating complex findings in plain language.
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as written, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, interruptive, and ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively towards a common goal.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in Finance or related discipline is required. Masters degree is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years analytical and data mining experience, 3-5 years Supervisory preferred.
- Solid experience with various (and curiosity for learning new) applications (e.g. Excel, Access) and BI tools (e.g. Tableau). Programming languages, e.g. VBA is a plus.
- Solid experience with relational databases, database concepts, and querying large datasets with SQL. Python and R are a plus.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2018 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE