Senior Director, Creative Design - Beijing
Universal Creative is the planning and development division of Universal Parks and Resorts, which is one of the many businesses within NBCUniversal. We are ideally situated in Orlando, Florida, which has become widely known as the theme park and resort capital of the world. We are responsible for the design, development, and delivery of all resort and theme park concepts for all of Universal vacation destinations worldwide Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world.
What sets Universal Creative apart?
We rarely wear suits. We think pop culture is fascinating and newsworthy. We are aware that possibilities are not limited by todays realities. We know that everyone has good ideas (and the occasional bad one as well). We know that the world is large and varied, and that we touch all of it. We know that most high school guidance counselors dont know our jobs exist. We know that if this were easy, everyone would be doing it. We know that there is an eclectic assortment of talented people from various professional backgrounds at the heart of Universal Creative. In addition, we embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. We are a diverse group, but united by a common goal: to dream and deliver the best possible out-of-home entertainment for people from every walk of life. In order to make that happen, Universal Creative relies on collaboration, hard work, synchronicity, a bit of luck, and a bunch of talented, experienced people who do not let ego and turf stand in the way of brilliance. We depend on a team of people who understand the task, the business implications, and refuse to be defeated by the challenge to fuse fantasy with physics. Universal Creative embraces The Universal Way by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time.
JOB SUMMARY: Provide leadership and vision for the creative direction of the Beijing Project. Oversee all aspects of the design build. Manage the creative design teams in the development of all assigned projects.
- Manages creative talent for Universal Creative design and development efforts. Includes creative directors, art directors, artists, writers, designers, environmental graphic designers, architects, interior designers, colorists, stylists; 3D designers, modelers, graphic designers, production artists, creative consultants, new talent, recent grads, students, etc.
- Develops and produces internal and external presentation and communication media. Includes design development, production of materials, physical and digital media, video, creation of key visuals, etc. Interprets and applies various information into design documentation and deliverables as it relates to market research, business practices, executive design presentations, etc. Serves as mentor for design staff.
- Interface with senior management, clients, partners and other Universal division stakeholders.
- Represents Universal Creative in the planning and development of appropriate Universal Parks and Resorts Research and Strategic Insight programs including responsibility for developing all stimuli art and materials.
- Manages and develops creative enrichment programs i.e. seminars, workshops, lectures, etc for Universal Creative Staff
- Responsible for Brand Integrity compliance on all Universal Parks and Resorts properties.
EDUCATION: Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school required. Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university in Theater, Design, Architectural Design or similar Arts Management degree required.
EXPERIENCE: 10 + Years: Experience as a senior level designer or creative lead with demonstrated success in theme part design, theatrical, or media production, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess good aesthetic and creative judgment. Must be a clear communicator able to collaborate with senior management.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
ITS A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2018 Universal Studios. 2018 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE