If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
Create policies to ensure compliance with VA Education Benefits and State Approving Agency as well as Federal State and local regulatory requirements. Track laws and regulations that might affect the organization's policies specific to students. Monitor VA Educational Benefit compliance within the Financial Aid department. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Responsible for the process of all Military monies issued and received at the Full Sail University. Performs a variety of tasks. To include but not limited to working closely with the Military Admissions & Enrollment Teams to assist with the onboarding of all students using Veterans Educational Benefits or DOD funding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the Military / VA Certifying Official team to ensure alignment and compliance
- Align with other departments in the creation of new policies in response to new regulations received by the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Dissemination of all regulatory information to appropriate sections of the financial aid department
- Monitor and review all Military Specific written communication
- Create, Support and Monitor the onboarding process for all Military incoming Students
- Monitor and track all incoming and active students utilizing VA Educational Benefits.
- Create, update and maintain the Institutional Certifying Official Policy and Procedures manual
- Compile and Maintain all Yellow Ribbon Scholarship Data and submit annually to Leadership for Annual Contract renewal
- Continually monitor all laws and regulations as they apply to all aspects of VA Educational Benefits.
- Assist in the processing of all certifications informing the Department of Veteran Affairs of the status and changes to student enrollment and tuition charges
- Develop Certification and funding spreadsheets to include Chapter 33 and Yellow Ribbon respectively
- Create a system of record for the military student which will provide information to other departments on the status of the students benefits
- Updates the Department of Veterans Affairs State Approving Agency of all New Degree Programs offered by the University to receive VA Education Benefit Approval.
- Submit the Universities Catalog annually for Veterans Educational Benefit Approval
- Prepare, facilitate and complete file submission for the annual State Approving Agency Compliance Audit
- Manage the VA Certifying Officials
- Align and work closely with The Military Admissions Team
- Align and work closely with Campus and Online Enrollment Teams
- Align and work closely with the Financial Aid Department.
- Knowledge of Veterans Educational Benefits as well as Knowledge of Federal Financial Aid regulations, needs analysis and packaging principles, and financial aid programs required
- Must be able to secure National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) access.
- Ability to work independently and manage timelines in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- High degree of discretion needed due to volume of sensitive and confidential issues
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills required
- Must be highly motivated and work well within a team
- Speak effectively to both large and small groups of people
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor degree required
- Minimum of 3-5 years in financial aid including experience with fed aid processing systems or
- Equivalent combination of education and Financial Aid work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel.
- Knowledge of CampusVue preferred
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
May be subject to bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.