Internship - Network Systems/Computer Engineering-Universal Creative (Summer 2019)
Universal Creative is seeking unique and bold talent to grow with us as we envision, design and deliver innovative attractions, exhilarating experiences, world-class resorts and immersive parks around the globe. Join us in creating a Universe of fun!
JOB SUMMARY: To work collaboratively with Ride & Show Network Engineering to help automate operations and processes. The selected candidate will design and maintain tools for network deployment, monitoring, operations and compliance. In addition to these tasks, candidate will assist with gathering specs and details about vendors, and learn about networking infrastructure architecture.
- Design and write software that interacts with various network devices, tools, databases and user input
- Automate network device configuration and configuration compliance
- Manage network devices using automation tools
- Create and maintain documentation
- Participate in concept development discussions and research about parkwide systems
- Assist in development network and fiber designs
- Perform vendor research
- Involvement in facility inputs for parkwide systems design
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors may include: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Knowledge of general network principles and technology in LAN infrastructures, VLANs, subnetting, and simple routing
- Intermediate software development
- Experience with networking concept
- Experience using a 2D and 3D CAD drafting tool
- Clear communication and technical writing skills
- Interest in learning and participating in parkwide systems
Please note the following:
- Universal Creative does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Summer internships are approximately from the end of May 2019 August 2019.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
ITS A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE