Representative, Human Resources Business Partner (Creative)
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for HR activities related to reporting, communication, and administrative guidance for the Universal Creative division.
- Provides support to client groups by frequently interacting and communicating with employees in order to promote positive employee relations. Seeks out potential issues that need to be communicated to the HR leadership team.
- Provides advice and consultation for all client group Team Members regarding benefits, payroll questions, policy interpretations, and EAP issues. Provides direction for internal transfer and career path development, including on-boarding plans and related follow-up paperwork.
- Consults with managers and supervisors regarding employee discipline and performance issues. Supports decision making related to terminations and other forms of discipline. Insures that corrective employee coaching and counseling are handled in a fair and consistent manner. Acts as liaison between management and the UO / NBCU HR divisions by assisting with all HR programs and/or communicating information relating to payroll, records, benefits, training, compensation, staffing and relocation.
- Supports the employment process for client groups which includes, job descriptions, identifying internal candidates and supporting the onboarding process.
- Completes Personnel Payroll Action (PPA) forms, Position Mgmt (PM) forms, and Workflow forms. Ensures employment requisitions, employee performance evaluations, employee counseling, and/or area related forms are properly completed, distributed, and/or filed.
- Develops and maintains HR required reports, databases, and files as appropriate and required.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school required. Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university preferred with HR specialty.
EXPERIENCE: One to three years Human Resources experience in a fast-paced environment preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2018 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE