- Career Level
Solomon Group is looking for an experienced Sales Manager to work with our growing business development team. This is a full-time position that can be performed from any remote location.
The ideal candidate must enjoy working with clients from diverse industries, be comfortable handling multiple projects at once, and thrive in a deadline-driven environment where our talented designers, project managers, fabricators and technicians produce national entertainment productions.
The individual in this position will report directly to the President.
We’re looking for a high-performer who excels at sales and understands how to effectively build and maintain client relationships. Solomon Group produces all types of events and audience experiences, including concerts, annual galas, multi-day festivals, corporate theater, arena shows, general sessions, brand activations, themed attractions and broadcast environments. Applicants must have a general knowledge of the latest in A/V event production (staging, LED displays, sound, lighting, video, etc.), large-format graphics, custom fabrication, and the ability to sell an unforgettable audience experience.
- Manage sales operations.
- Work with the President to develop long-range sales strategies and goals.
- Support functions essential to the productivity of the sales team, including planning and reporting.
- Develop and maintain relationships with new clients, current clients and team members.
- Execute sales plans to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency.
- Implement strategies for expanding scope of work with current client base.
- Increase Solomon Group’s national client roster.
- Proactively identify opportunities for sales process improvement.
- Research and develop target sales markets.
- Develop personal relationships with key client contacts.
- Work with our production designers and personnel to plan and execute client events (as needed).
- Maintain high ethical standards and a professional image at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, Marketing, or related field preferred).
- 5+ years sales experience with proven track record (event sales experience preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Superb organizational, project management, and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding selling abilities.
- Knowledge of and experience with A/V event production.
- Strong decision-making and prioritization skills.
- Ability to convey design concepts and basic technical information to client contacts.
- Energetic, forward thinking, creative, and resourceful work style.
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
- Strong understanding of financial projection principles.
- Ability to think ahead and plan over a multi-year time span.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Proficient with Mac computers, mobile devices, and MS Office.
- Willing and able to learn new software as needed.
- Occasional to frequent travel.
Candidate may be tested on some of the above, and/or asked to provide samples of work.
Salary commensurate with experience. Solomon Group provides a competitive benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, life insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan and more.
ABOUT SOLOMON GROUP
Solomon Group is an award-winning entertainment design and production firm based in New Orleans, Louisiana. The company provides all of the essential production services needed to create spectacular live events, brand activations, themed attractions, broadcast environments and architainment projects. Our talented, in-house team includes designers, project managers, fabricators, and technicians who dream up and deliver stunning entertainment productions for a variety of national and international clients.
Solomon Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The company has frequently been named one of the area’s “Best Places to Work” by New Orleans CityBusiness magazine. And, for the past three years (2014-2016), Solomon Group was listed on the Inc. 5000 as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies.