Math Teacher - Middle and High School
The Paragon School is a fully-accredited K-12 program which serves higher-functioning children affected by autism spectrum disorder and Asperger’s Syndrome.
The Paragon School Mission: Each student carries on as a fulfilled, successful member of society having achieved academic, social, and behavioral excellence in an environment centered on Christian values.
The Paragon School Philosophy: Paragon meets the academic, behavioral, and social needs of students, providing a well-rounded developmental experience. Our program fosters hope and a positive outlook, setting the stage for each student to become a valued, productive, and successful member of society. The Paragon School offers a consistent, stable, values-based atmosphere with a focus on compassion, quality, and academic achievement.
The position of Middle/High School Math Teacher at The Paragon School is a full-time, special education position. This position is designed for a person with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited institution who has a valid teaching certificate. It is expected that the person will have prior experience working with students in a special education setting, however training will be provided.
Essential Job Functions:
- Implement an effective instructional program to accommodate individual needs and varying disabilities using a continuum of service delivery models.
- Provide daily instruction in Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, and Statistics
- Communicate with families of The Paragon School.
- Perform record keeping requirements.
- Participate in ongoing personal and professional development.
- Perform related work as directed.
Additional Qualifications Required:
- Strong classroom management skills
- Receptive to new ideas and constructive feedback
- Team-oriented personality
- Strong work ethic
- Serve as a positive role model
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong organizational abilities
Option to participate in medical, dental, and vision benefits plus our teachers receive paid vacation and sick leave, winter break, spring break and the summers off.
Salary range $35,000-$45,000 + benefits. Salary based on education & experience levels.