Customer Service Rep - Accounting
Discovery World Furniture (DWF) is a children’s bedroom furniture distributor/manufacturer based in Sanford, FL and has been in business since 1991. DWF services a multitude of brick and mortar and internet retailers and currently employs over 50 individuals.
DWF is seeking an energetic, team oriented, and well-organized candidate to assist with customer service and limited accounting duties. DWF offers excellent compensation/benefits plans and is focused on creating a friendly and collaborative environment for all employees.
Customer Service Representatives (CSR’s) work in an office as part of a team and are responsible for answering phones, maintaining customer accounts, order entry, freight rates, setting up truck loads and handling all aspects of customer relationships. This position would also include limited Accounting (AR/AP) and Logistics responsibilities such as entering bills for payment, organizing paperwork/support, entering deposits into the financial system, corresponding with freight carriers, dealing with returns, freight bills, etc. As a small business, DWF asks that its employees be willing to learn multiple areas of the business in order to ensure that tasks are completed in a timely fashion (all while maintaining the quality that is expected). This is a 40 hour a week position, and would require strong multitasking skills. Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook skills are essential and knowledge of EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) & Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) are a plus.
As an employee of DWF, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Company Training
- Full Range of Benefits that Include 401k & Medical benefits for Full Time associates
Essential Job Functions:
- Expected to answer the customer’s questions (this could include product questions, questions about damage, shipping, assembly, etc.).
- Respond by phone or email to customers, maintaining strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Manage customer retention by handling orders, warranty questions, etc.
- Expected to gain knowledge of DWF products.
- Responsible for accurate data entry
- Responsible for other general administrative tasks (i.e., obtaining resale certificates, mailings, new customer set up paperwork, filing, general office projects, etc.).
- Assist in helping other team members
- Work directly with freight carriers to schedule delivery appointments, handle freight claims, returns, etc.
- Work in a limited Accounting capacity in order to enter bills for payment and manage deposits into the financial system
- Time management skills