Cook - Line & Prep Cook - Restaurant
- Career Level
- Entry Level
Organize all mise-en-place according to the Chef’s specifications and execute all line duties including opening and closing procedures. Ensure that all processes and procedures are adhered to according to Reunion Standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Cook will participate in creating daily specials
- Make certain that you have all the supplies necessary to execute service and prepare your station
- Complete the storeroom requisition for items needed.
- Cook will ensure all equipment is (ovens, grills, burners, salamanders, and fryers) clean and ready for use.
- Check par amount and ensure that line is ready for service.
- Cook will prep additional items to bring counts back up to par
- Make sure sanitation is adhered to including updated HACCP documentation logs.
- Cook will create professional working relationships with all colleagues.
- Attend meetings as required including.
- Candidate must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School Diploma or higher required.
- Minimum of 1 year of line cook experience in a comparable fast-paced environment preferred.
- Basic Reading skills and basic oral proficiency in the English language.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Cook must work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Sanitation and HACCP proficiency
- Cook must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Be able to work in a hot, cold, wet, humid and loud environment for long periods of time.
- Be able to reach, stoop, bend and lift up to 40 lbs.