Junior .Net Software Developer
The JR Software Developer’s role is to develop and maintain Web/Mobile/Legacy Desktop & Console applications. In this role, you will enthusiastically take on various development related tasks while building your expertise in solid enterprise level development practices. You will work as part of the application development team with other software developers taking part in design sessions, code development, testing, code reviews, and deployments.
You may have a professional role or two under your belt or this might be your first job out of college but either way, you are eager to show off your growing development skills. We don’t expect you to know everything immediately but we are looking for a quick study and you should feel comfortable asking ‘Why’ when you are unsure. As we are a small and growing team and will be relying on the contributions of everyone to be successful so you must be honest with yourself and the team as we plan our sprints. You will actively contribute to defining the effort required for the team’s tasks and in doing so will have the opportunity to help define a reasonable, if challenging, workload.
Within the first 6 months you will have worked on tasks ranging from front-ends for mobile or web, building unit tests, implementing functionality in APIs, and developing optimized SQL objects. You will be expected to struggle through some tasks though you will have a team of developers available to support you if you get truly stuck.
It will be challenging, fun, and a little bit chaotic at times but you definitely won’t be bored!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop application code using C#, Xamarin, Angular, and SQL
- Contribute to design and planning sessions
- Support existing applications with escalated support, bug fixes, and new features
- Write and maintain unit tests as part of the regular course of development
- Ability to reverse-engineer legacy code at times improving performance through newer and more efficient techniques and approaches
- Document designs, issues, solutions, and tips & tricks
- Foster a team approach to software development and delivery
- Stay current in new technologies to maintain a high level of subject matter expertise
- 1+ years working with C#
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Familiar with Agile development processes and version control systems
- Good analysis and problem solving abilities
- Demonstrable traits of initiative, work ethic, and ability to write clean and concise code
- Experience performing root cause analysis to find errors as well as making revisions
- Good planning, organization, and work management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Ability to think critically to solve problems and align to our business goals
- Bachelor's Degree
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Angular and / or MVC
- Experience with WordPress and plugin development
- Understanding Xamarin / Xamarin Forms development
- Experience with JIRA / GIT
- Code Reviews through BitBucket
C#, Xamarin Forms, Angular, Entity Framework, SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio), SQLite, CouchDB, JIRA, Agile, Source Control, ETL, Query Optimization, Application Design, API Design, Initiative, Best Practices and Procedure Development, Working with Legacy Code, Goal Oriented, Continuous Improvement
About Club Assist:
Club Assist partners with trusted motoring organizations worldwide, improving member experiences through the provision of automotive battery supply and roadside replacement, automotive glass repair and replacement, and other member services.
We are the largest mobile automotive battery retailer in the world, and we’re committed to the pursuit of service excellence for more than 60 automotive club partners across the globe.
We offer a great starting salary, and great benefits to include medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, 401k, the company paid life and short/long term disability, paid vacation, other voluntary benefits, and a reduced cost gym membership.