The Database Developer’s role is to design, develop, and maintain databases and data-models, ETL processes and integrations, and reporting. As our Database Developer, you will be a key member of the Applications Development team creating new and updating existing applications using SQL Server 2012+. While already a strong SQL Developer you thrive on continuously developing new skills and sharing your expertise with the team to help establish best practices and guidelines. You enjoy coordinating with other developers and can read and provide feedback on application code as it relates to integrations with data stores both at an enterprise level as well as on mobile devices. You are comfortable working with legacy solutions that may require reverse-engineering and incremental improvements as well as greenfield solutions and implementations.
Duties and Primary Responsibilities – These are the responsibilities that the employee has full accountability for delivering.
- Designs optimized SSIS packages and reviews and provides recommended improvements to existing packages including reviewing custom embedded C# scripts
- Create high quality and performant SSRS reports being used via Report Server and through the ASP Report Viewer
- Writes, refines, and optimizes T-SQL code for maximum performance, reliability, and maintainability
- Ability to reverse-engineer legacy code at times, improving and refining older T-SQL using newer and more efficient techniques and approaches
- Solves or recommends solutions for complex issues and problems
- Assist in the requirement gathering and development of appropriate data models and SQL Objects
- Documents designs, issues, solutions, and tips & tricks
- Fosters a team approach to software development and delivery
- Stays current in new IT technologies to maintain a high level of subject matter expertise
Skills / Experience / Qualifications Required:
- 3-5 years working with SQL Tools (SSIS/SSRS/SSMS/SSAS)
- Experience with Agile development processes, continuous integration, and version control systems
- Good analysis and problem solving abilities
- Experience performing root cause analysis to find errors as well as making revisions
- Good planning, organization, and work management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Experience working with remote resources
- Ability to think critically to solve problems and align to our business goals
- Bachelor's Degree
Additional responsibilities (preferred but not necessary):
- Experience with Entity Framework, SQLite, CouchDB
- Implemented SQL CI/CD solution
- Experience with JIRA / GIT
- Code Reviews and Best Practice development
We offer a great starting salary, and great benefits to include medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, 401k, the company paid life and short/long term disability, paid vacation, other voluntary benefits and a reduced cost gym membership.
Club Assist partners with trusted motoring organizations worldwide, improving member experiences through the provision of automotive battery supply and roadside replacement, automotive glass repair and replacement, and other member services.
We are the largest mobile automotive battery retailer in the world, and we’re committed to the pursuit of service excellence for more than 60 automotive club partners across the globe.