Online Faculty - Digital Filmmaking
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Online Faculty are industry professionals, developing and teaching a curriculum that integrates technical knowledge with artistic exploration and creativity to provide an immersive learning experience for students. Our online learning environment utilizes interactive and web-based media with a variety of video content, project work and assignments, discussion boards, quizzes, instructor-led live sessions, and significant one-on-one student interaction. Online faculty are expected to provide supportive coaching and mentoring to students, helping students learn and grown in a holistic manner. This is a full-time, on-site position based in Winter Park, FL, working from local offices in support of The Los Angeles Film School.
Seeking Online Faculty to develop curriculum, teach, and support students in:
- Creating professional content for broadcast television, online media, mobile applications, and independent films.
- Creating digital content and storytelling, balancing traditional film foundations and the latest production and postproduction techniques.
- Mastering visual communication and video production methods for digital photography, HD video production, lighting, audio mixing, and nonlinear editing.
- Crafting students’ own visual and narrative pieces for different media.
- Taking a story through the entire creative process, including developing a script, planning the logistics of production, working on location to capture their story on camera, as well as file management, editing, and distribution.
- Serve as instructor for assigned courses
- Ensure successful student attainment of learning outcomes
- Provide excellent and timely student support
- Conduct live synchronous online sessions weekly
- Conduct weekly virtual online office hours for student support
- Develop and/or revise curriculum according to internal style standards
- Maintain accurate academic records, including grades, attendance, and student communications
- Utilize student feedback to continuously improve course instruction and make curriculum recommendations
- Proficiency with industry standard software and hardware
- Proven competency using Microsoft Office, Apple, and Windows software environments
- Required Bachelor’s Degree in Film, Cinema, Media Studies, or a related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- Proven four years (minimum) related work experience in the filmmaking industry, clearly identified with dates on the resume
- Preferred two years (minimum) online teaching experience
- Demonstrated English communication abilities, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated physical, visual, and auditory capacity to work on a computer and communicate effectively with students via telephone and computer
- Demonstrated ability to lift and carry equipment up to 10 pounds
The mission of The Los Angeles Film School is to inspire students with an inventive method of education that concentrates on preparation for career opportunities in the entertainment and media industry.
All positions are subject to a complete background check, including verification of education and previous employment. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Online Faculty - Digital Filmmaking
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly