Assists in coordinating warehouse operations of receiving, organizing, and moving materials and products within the warehouse. Loads and unloads incoming and outbound company trucks and walk-in customers.
• Provide service to customers entering the warehouse.
• Receive, organize and move incoming materials and load outgoing materials.
• Allocate and move material to its correct place and ensure an orderly warehouse at all times.
• Maintain packing specifications, and make suitable skids/pallets, etc.
• Operate forklift and other company vehicles and equipment as trained and instructed.
• Attend and participate in all required company training programs.
• Perform minor building maintenance when necessary.
• Participate in monthly and/or annual physical inventories.
• Maintain the appearance of the warehouse in a safe and orderly manner.
• Conform to all company policies and procedures; and OSHA standards.
• Maintain a high level of customer focus in producing quality products and services.
• Must attend all required meetings in relation to warehouse and overall company.
• Support Our Foundation Values in the stated areas of Safety, Customer Focus, Teamwork, Integrity and being a Company of Choice for both employees and customers.
• Other duties may be assigned
• Maintain a full understanding of all products by identification, weight, and size.
• Must be able to operate a forklift
• Verify truck loads
• Maintain a basic knowledge of trucks, forklifts, and other equipment to determine necessary repairs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience / Licenses and Certifications:
• High school diploma, general education degree (GED), or equivalent work experience and/or training.
• General knowledge of operation of a forklift and other equipment.
• Warehouse experience.
Core Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
Safety: Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to all safety rules and practices.
Customer Service: Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to working for our customer.
Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Puts success of the team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Attendance is punctual and consistent.
Professionalism (Integrity and Honesty):Treats people with respect regardless of their status or position; Shows respect for cultural differences; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust and confidence of others; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Reacts well under pressure; Measures self against standard of excellence; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Actively listens for understanding; Exercises clear and persuasive written and oral communication, in positive or negative situations; Maintains confidentiality; Reports information on a needs to know basis as appropriate. Demonstrates a sense of corporate responsibility and represent the company as the Company of Choice for both employees and customers.
Apply for Warehouse Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly