Fleet Parts Associate
The Orange County Sheriff's Office in Orlando, Florida invites applicants to apply for the position of Fleet Parts Associate.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Maintains the Fleet Parts Room and provides clerical support.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- At least 18 years of age
- U.S. Citizen or possess a current permanent resident card
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Clean criminal history; any arrest history will be individually evaluated.
- No illegal drug usage within the past two years, all other usage will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- One (1) year related experience and/or training.
- Must have valid Florida driver’s license. Must attend and successfully complete the agency sponsored Law Enforcement Vehicle Operations (LEVO) Training if assignment includes driving agency vehicle. Use of agency vehicle would require appropriate driving history and passing agency biennial driver’s physical exam.
- Must be able to comprehend and communicate fluently in verbal and written English.
- Must have basic computer skills to include word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Must have good knowledge of geographical area and auto and truck parts manuals.
- Ability to demonstrate good communication skills and provide excellent customer service in person and over the phone. Must effectively present information to agency employees.
- Must be able to maintain all incoming invoices and process/distribute related paperwork as necessary. Assist with clerical duties to include typing, copying, and filing.
- Must have the ability to order and pick up parts from vendors; deliver and pick up vehicles from dealerships; deliver and pick up radios from repair.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and demonstrate self-initiative.
- Must be familiar with and have above average knowledge of auto and truck parts manuals.
- Must be able to compile and update various reports; pull parts and update work orders; log work that has been sent out and completed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
- Depending on assignment the employee may be required to work evening, midnight and/or weekend shifts. Shift times may vary.
SALARY: $28,995.20 or $29,868.80 (with 3+ years of experience)
The Orange County Sheriff's Office is a Veteran Friendly, Equal Opportunity Employer.