Manager of Finance
5 days left
- Career Level
- Master’s degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum of fifteen years relevant experience, of which ten years should include financial/accounting leadership roles directing and coordinating the work of peers and subordinates to achieve objectives. Public accounting experience in Audit is strongly preferred.
- Proven depth of knowledge in Finance in Public Administration and governing regulations and requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, large scale electronic financial systems and other specialty software.
- Strong positive listening, oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey information clearly.
- Ability to make sound financial decisions, conduct meetings, analyze facts and situations and determine an appropriate course of action.
- Excellent team building and management skills.
- Responsible for the day to day financial operations of the District including the maintenance of the general ledger, budgets, accounts payable, cash and investments, accounts receivable, payroll, construction accounting, fixed assets and debt. The District maintains the General Fund, Debt Service Fund, Capital Projects Funds and a Utilities Enterprise Fund.
- Responsible for the evaluation, development and maintenance of the financial accounting controls.
- Oversight of the evaluation, development and maintenance of finance and accounting software systems.
- Responsible for the annual budget process including the development and approval of the annual ad valorem tax levy and budget, regular monitoring, departmental compliance, strategic planning in collaboration with District Leadership, and reporting to the Board of Supervisors.
- Responsible for the investment portfolios of the District’s operating, construction, reserve and trust funds.
- Maintain relationships with banks, investment advisors and portfolio managers.
- Responsible for the management of the District’s debt portfolio.
- Work with financial advisor, bankers, and attorneys to plan and initiate bond offerings as directed by the Board of Supervisors and protect the interests of the RCID stakeholders.
- Ensure that the financial ratings are maintained at a level commensurate with the ability to raise funding for capital improvements.
- Ensure the debt portfolio is in compliance with all legal requirements.
- Responsible for the required governmental financial reporting and the annual financial audit. In addition, the development of useful internal financial reporting.
- Provide support to the Board of Supervisors and District Administration with the development, analysis and implementation of policies covering any area across the organization as required. Interpret policy as it relates to business dealings within the District.
- Interview, select, recommend hire, train and assign team members. Provide direction, mentoring, training and develop individual team members. Evaluate performance and provide counseling, cross training and coaching.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new development, requirements and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
Must possess a valid Florida State Driver's license and maintain eligibility under the District's commercial vehicle program.
- While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, touch, speak, hear, and see. An employee is occasionally required to bend, kneel, reach, twist, carry, climb, push and pull.
- An employee must lift and/or move small articles and occasionally lift objects up to 20 pounds.
- An employee must demonstrate fine motor skills and to be able to operate vehicles and other equipment.
- An employee is occasionally required to work in heat, cold and wet/damp conditions and to navigate uneven and/or outdoor terrain.
- Certain positions may require work above ground or in enclosed spaces.
- Certain positions may have requirements of 50 pounds maximum lifting with frequent lift/carry up to 25 pounds.
- Positions requiring strength demands in the Heavy and/or Very Heavy category have detailed physical performance analyses available for review.
To Apply: Visit our job website at www.rcid.org - Careers - please complete an online application and submit a resume.