Seminole State College of Florida is accepting applications for a Manager of Facilities, Energy, and Sustainability from candidates with an expertise in sustainable energy. The Manager, Facilities Energy and Sustainability provides leadership in the implementation of sustainability and maintenance efforts, to ensure efficient campus operations in the areas of energy, water, habitat, and mechanical systems operations. Supervises assigned facilities staff.
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in engineering, business, environmental science, energy management or a related field.
2. Five years' experience in Energy Management and Mechanical systems operations.
3. Three years' experience in managing sustainability efforts.
4. Three years supervisory experience.
5. Valid Florida driver's license or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment.
PHYSICAL ABILITY ASSESSMENT
Per College Policy 1.020 and 2.020, and College Procedure 2.0350:
1. Final hire/appointment of a candidate offered employment in this position is contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a job-related physical ability assessment.
2. Current employees may be referred for a job-related physical ability assessment or reassessment upon their supervisor's recommendation and subsequent approval by the Office of Human Resources, or upon the recommendation of the Office of Human Resources.
1. Certification in Energy Management (e.g., Certified Energy Manager or CEM), or Sustainability (e.g., International Facility Management Association Sustainability Facility Professional or IFMA SFP), or United States Green Building Council Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (e.g., USGBC LEED) or similar certifications.
2. Specialized training in direct digital control systems for diagnosis and corrective action.
3. Hands-on operational experience with energy management systems.
Employees at Seminole State College advance their careers in a rewarding culturally diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today. Seminole State College offers an attractive benefits package including: employee fully paid health, dental and life insurance coverage; generous paid leave benefits including vacation and sick days, paid leave during winter break; spring break; 9 annual holidays; and a four-day condensed workweek during the summer. In addition, employees participate in the Florida Retirement System and have several retirement options. The College pays a percentage toward retirement, based on the employee's selected plan.
To ensure full consideration, all of the following documents are required to be submitted along with the completed online application by the closing date:
· Cover Letter
· Transcripts showing the date of degree conferral (unofficial copies accepted)
· Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.