Healthcare Management Administrators (HMA)
Looking to take your background in healthcare benefits to a new level? HMA has a unique opportunity for an adventurous, self-motivated Benefits Coordinator to join us in developing an innovative, on-site support program where you will directly influence how our members experience HMA, and be responsible for identifying opportunities to materially improve the services we provide. You will play a key, front-line role in our mission to revolutionize customer care in the Healthcare industry, so come develop your career with HMA and help us ‘Prove What’s Possible in Healthcare!’
For over 30 years, HMA has been helping employers administer their own health plans. We believe good healthcare should actually improve health, so we support companies in taking better care of their people. Now is an excellent time to join HMA as our talented people are combining purpose, passion, and experience in new and innovative ways to stay ahead of the healthcare curve.
How you will make a difference:
As the Benefits Coordinator, you will directly impact our most important partner: our members. You will provide on-site support to our client’s team in Winter Park, Florida, by assisting with benefits administration and serving as the dedicated go-to for all benefits-related questions and inquiries. You will also play a central role in liaising between HMA and our client, ensuring we are represented positively in all interactions and that we deliver an extraordinary experience for our members.
The first six to eight weeks of this position will require training in Bellevue, Washington. The scope of training will include topics related to Customer Care, Care Navigation and Account Management.
What you will do in collaboration with our client:
- Provide professional, timely and solutions-oriented account management and benefits administration support while ensuring HMA is represented positively through all client and member interactions
- Assist members in-person, over the phone or via email with any benefits-related questions or issues, and develop solutions to complex benefits issues and ad hoc scenarios
- Research claims, confirm eligibility, or direct members to appropriate care representatives as needed
- Provide open enrollment support
- Assist with billing and billing reconciliation
- Participate in COBRA review and maintenance
- Communicate directly with providers about member coverage and care
- Collaborate with our Client on special projects
- Participate in service meetings
- Assist the HR team with their employer portal, including producing reports
- Connect regularly with HMA to provide updates, recommendations and map out strategies for enhancing the member and client experience
Knowledge, Experience, and Key Attributes needed for Success:
- High school diploma, Associates Degree or equivalent required
- 2 years of serving clients and building client relationships preferred
- Minimum 2 years benefits coordination experience required
- Minimum 1-2 years customer service and/or account management experience required
- Hands-on experience with phone systems, computer functions and reporting
- Positive outlook, customer-centric, high energy, level headed, flexible, problem solver required
- Spanish speaking fluency is highly preferred
How we Support your Work, Life, and Wellness Lifestyle
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including: competitive pay; annual incentive program; medical, dental, and vision insurance; life, AD&D, disability insurances; 401K Retirement Plan with match; generous PTO and holidays; a gym subsidy; an Employee Assistance Program; year-round wellness activities with the ability to earn a $500 wellness incentive; monthly events; paid volunteer hours and more!
HMA is a drug free environment and requires a drug and background screen prior to employment.
Protected Health Information (PHI) Access
Healthcare Management Administrators (HMA) employees may encounter protected health information (PHI) in the regular course of their work. All PHI shall be used and disclosed on a need-to-know-basis and according to HMA’s standard policies and procedures.