Graphic Designer - Print + Digital
Graphic Designer, Print + Digital
We are a Mac-based creative company specializing in lifestyle media, marketing, and publishing with a focus on luxury weddings and events. We are looking for a versatile, detail-oriented designer who is comfortable designing for print or pixels, with excellent communication skills to join our team. This position is for our Orlando (Winter Park) office.
OUR DREAM COLLEAGUE
- Your Adobe CS skills are honed to perfection
- You're technically savvy. (PMS spot colors, bleeds, crop marks, vector vs bitmap, RGB vs CMYK are not foreign concepts!)
- You understand how dpi and resolution affect output and file sizes for print, digital, or online usage
- You are a self-starter and always get things done before you're reminded
- You enjoy working independently with minimal supervision but are a consummate team player who thinks proactively
- You emanate positive energy
- You take pride in your work
In addition to your design and technical skills:
- You have loads of personal style and interests include trend-spotting, travel, fashion, interior design, weddings, and all things related to the arts.
- You swoon over pretty color palettes, obsess over fonts, and have a LONG list of fav style icons, photographers, creative idols, IG accounts and blogs that you are inspired by.
YOUR DREAM JOB
- You will work directly with our senior art director and editorial team to create and collaborate on beautiful, effective designs for our print magazine(s), events, websites, digital publications, blog, social accounts, custom publishing projects, design clients, and external/internal company communications.
- You will facilitate design-related customer service requests, and manage and design the ads of our esteemed clients. Our editorial photoshoots may require your involvement, and you will assist with production where necessary. In addition the above, there are many production duties you will fulfill as part of your day-to-day responsibilities within the design department.
In addition to design responsibilities, on a daily basis, you will:
- Collect, manage, and archive artwork and advertising files
- Communicate with clients and team members regarding deadlines, file requirements, ads, or images while maintaining notes on the database
- Self-manage multiple assignments and deadlines
- Portfolio showing talent, versatility, and consistency in print and digital design
- Post-secondary education in graphic design from a recognized multi-year program
- Demonstrated excellence in typography
- Excellent command of English language, written and verbal
- Strong time management/organizational skills with the ability to prioritize/work with minimum supervision
- Proficient on a MAC computer with Adobe CS suite of software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Wordpress or other blogging tools
- Experience with MailChimp or similar, a plus
- Email your résumé, personalized cover letter and PORTFOLIO in PDF format (or send portfolio links.
Your cover letter should explain why you are the perfect person to join our team! Remember, we're looking for a GRAPHIC DESIGNER WITH PERSONAL STYLE so make sure your letter and application reflect that. Please, do not email Word Docs, PPT, etc or files over 15mb.
Commensurate with experience. Please state your salary expectations in your cover letter.
DEADLINE: JULY 20 2018
More searches like this
- Advertising / Public Relations Marketing $30,000 - $49,999 Permanent jobs in Winter Park
- Entertainment / Leisure Marketing $30,000 - $49,999 Permanent jobs in Winter Park
- Professional Marketing $30,000 - $49,999 Permanent jobs in Winter Park
- Technology Marketing $30,000 - $49,999 Permanent jobs in Winter Park