Bus Driver (Full Time) Westminster Palms
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Comply with all applicable rules, policies, standards and guidelines related to employment with Westminster Services and its communities.
- Inspect company vehicles for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips. Complete the vehicle Log after each trip or at the end of the scheduled outing.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicles at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather, etc. Must be able to operate the company vehicle in all types of weather and conditions. This includes going forward and backing up long distances, around corners, and in and around very tight areas.
- Report all accidents and incidents involving drivers or company vehicles.
- Operate the controls of the Handicap Lift assist residents when utilizing the lift. Secure wheelchairs utilizing the Shure-lock wheelchair tie down system on the bus.
- Assist residents on and off the vehicles and during scheduled outings.
- Safely operate company vehicle and follow traffic laws/regulations/local ordinances/FDOT regulations when operating the company vehicle.
- Assist with the preventive maintenance of the company vehicles.
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the assignments and responsibilities assigned to any employee; nor are such assignments restricted to those precisely listed in the description. This job description may change from time to time as the needs of the organization change.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Must posses a valid CDL License with a Passenger Endorsement. Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspections and maintenance. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must posses a valid FL drivers license free of driving violations or offenses. EOE/DFWP - "We honor those who serve."Qualifications
High School or better.
Licenses & Certifications
Commercial Driver's Lic.