The purpose of the Food & Beverage Server position is to provide an exceptional level of Food & Beverage service in accordance with the high standards of the Bay Hill Club and Lodge and as presented in the Food Server Training Manual.
- Arrive on time, ready to work in full uniform to include name badge and umbrella pin.
- Present an enthusiastic, friendly and hospitable attitude to all members and guests.
- Greet all members/guests in a pleasant manner, using their last names, making them feel welcome and at ease.
- Understand and demonstrate the “Team Service Program” to ensure maximum productivity and service. Exhibit high energy, positive attitude and willingness to assist other team members.
- Ensure that all member/guests receive immediate attention and their orders are taken promptly and courteously. Ensure that guests are not ignored at any time throughout their dining experience. Ensure that the members/guest(s) receives everything they need in a timely manner.
- Practice suggestive selling techniques in a professional and efficient manner.
- Be knowledgeable regarding and understand the features of the Chef’s recommendations. Be able to communicate these dishes as well as regular menu items, specialty drinks, wine lists, preparation methods.
- Ensure that workstations are properly refilled at the end of the shift. Maintain side work and side work station on an ongoing basis.
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of all F&B outlets and be prepared to work in different locations when necessary.
- Anticipate and respond to guest/members needs. Provide efficient table side service and table top maintenance.
- Be knowledgeable and professional in wine and beverage service.
- Be educated on table numbers and seat positions. Assist team members with tables to ensure maximum service levels by greeting, seating, initial suggestive drink recommendations, maintaining, clearing and resetting tables.
- Communicate issues or concerns to Food and Beverage Managers and work to address problems with professionalism to remedy as soon as possible.
- Ring up all sales properly and accurately maintain all guest checks. Ensure that guest/member name and number are printed and signature is obtained. Maintain responsibility for all checks and walk outs. Up charge correctly. Ensure that food or beverage is not given away and do no allow to-go boxes from buffet. Verify the accuracy of prices, State and Federal taxes, tips and other charges on all checks.
- For special events, handle cash and credit cards from guests, as well as member charges, as prescribed by standard operating procedures.
- Attend all pre-meal meetings, staff meetings or training meetings as requested by the Food & Beverage Manager or Assistant F&B Director.
- Participate in the continuous cleaning, attention to detail and upkeep of the Club dining facilities and F&B outlets.
- Ensure that all food & beverage items meet strict specifications and standards of the Club before they are served.
- Use the proper garnishes, and china or glassware for all food & beverage items.
- Operate under all guidelines, policies, standards, procedures and constraints as established by the Bay Hill Club and as determined in the F&B Training Manual.
- Perform any other duties that may be required by management from time to time.
Regular attendance is expected in conformance with the standards established by The Bay Hill Club & Lodge. Your attendance is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the club/resort business, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the club.
Upon employment all employees are required to fully comply with The Bay Hill Club & Lodge rules and regulations for the safe, efficient operation of the club. Employees who violate club rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILIITES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to exhibit and execute exceptional team work.
- Ability to communicate with all levels. Provide guest service.
- Attention to detail and cleanliness standards.
- Good customer/member service skills.
- Ability to handle multiple requests and organize time.
- Ability to make proper charges to guest/member billing.