Software Engineer I
5 days left
Our software and systems engineering teams are engaged in supporting various DoD simulation and training systems programs. Projects include development of reconfigurable training systems incorporating gaming technology, and the enhancement of A-10 aircraft and Underwater Egress trainers. We provide an environment where engineers are engaged in the development and support phase to software/systems implementation. We seek professionals with a drive to work in diverse teams or independently as required, and the ability to apply technical competencies with creative ingenuity in solving technical software or systems problems while exceeding customers expectations.
No supervisory responsibilities entailed; candidate works with some technical supervision.
Designing, developing, and testing components for simulation and training systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop software components with some guidance
- Prepares data and presentation material needed to support design reviews
- Tests developed components in accordance with specified test procedures and resolves associated discrepancies/deficiencies
- Assists technical writers with documenting the design of assigned software components
- Continually apprises supervisor of progress on assigned task(s)
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs all other duties related to essential duties as assigned.
Education / Experience:
Requires Bachelors degree or equivalent education and experience in an engineering discipline, with 0 3 years related experience in engineering software development.
Candidate must be capable of obtaining and maintaining US Department of Defense secret security clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Fundamentals of operating systems
- Basic algorithms and design patterns
- Modern programming language (e.g., C# and C++)
- Use of an integrated development environment (e.g., Visual Studio or Eclipse)
Preferred, but Not Required Skills:
- Gaming engine (e.g., Unity and Unreal)
- Software configuration management tool (e.g., Subversion or Team Foundation Server)
Customer Service Expectations:
Candidate should be able to communicate clearly in oral and written form