SR/VPK Reimbursement Specialist
Are you looking to become an integral part of a Nationally Accredited Organization that helps to improve the lives of families with young children? Join our Team and help us to continue our compassionate quest to provide high quality services to children and families throughout Florida.
JOB TITLE: SR/VPK REIMBURSEMENT SPECIALIST
OFFICE: ORLANDO, FLORIDA
DEPARTMENT: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: This position completes the initial process for reimbursements to School Readiness and Voluntary Pre-kindergarten providers. Specifically, this position will verify, input, and reconcile provider invoices (attendance sheets). Performs detailed analysis to validate the provider payments to comply with specific contractual terms.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Processes new and existing provider agreements by ensuring documentation received is complete and accurate and enters data into electronic file. Responsible for entering updated information as verified by supervisor.
- Analyzes all entries on provider invoice and modifies electronic file in accordance with local and state regulations.
- Scans and electronically files all documentation including but not limited to provider agreements, provider invoices, and audit documentation.
- Compares provider invoices received to active provider list to ensure all invoices are accounted for monthly. Ensures only completed and validated invoices are processed for payment.
- Receives information through various sources for possible payment adjustments. Analyzes the criteria, makes determination and accurately processes the final adjustment, if necessary.
- Receives and tracks the receipt of required source documents (sign in/sign out sheets etc.). Reports non-compliances to supervisor, as needed.
- Performs audits, as assigned by supervisor by analyzing source documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness. Reconciles source documentation to the provider invoice and payment details. Completes and accurately enters payment adjustments, as needed.
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers including childcare providers and other Agency staff.
- Conducts technical assistance to childcare providers using various means of communication. Documents provider contacts in electronic file following established procedures.
- Works with supervisor to establish, implement, monitor, and revise processes as needed with internal customers/departments.
- Assists supervisor with updating the Reimbursement Procedure Manual, as needed.
- Immediately reports to supervisor questionable documentation identified during the monthly reimbursement and auditing processes.
- Participates in the Agency’s Quality Improvement Program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar in order to prepare and read documents and correspondences.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, practices, and G/L accounts.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in mathematics and bookkeeping.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations; Ability to gain knowledge of eligibility data for applicants.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with staff and other professionals at outside agencies.
- Ability to meet deadline and work under pressure; Ability to demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to operate common office equipment, including a 10-key calculator.
- Ability to operate a personal computer. Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheet, and accounting database software (MS Word, MS Excel). Ability to navigate the Internet.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels. Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays, when needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- Two (2) years’ experience in accounts payable, bookkeeping, or related accounting function.
- Two (2) years’ experience in customer service.
- Experience in compliance, and auditing preferred.
Salary Rate: $15.51 Pay Grade: 8
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veteran/Disability CLOSING DATE: