Journeyman Communications Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Expert level knowledge of the Journeyman Communications Course (JCC) for communications on DDG-51 class ships. Works closely with engineers providing consultation to assist in the definition of training system design for functionality within training system. SME will interact directly with the training system and codify domain knowledge for use by engineers. The SME will validate the expectations of the resulting system during the design and test phases of the project.
This is a part time (average of ~20 hours per week) position. The requirements for this position are such that most of the responsibilities for this position can be fulfilled remotely. Infrequent travel up to two weeks will be required to ProActive Technologies, Navy facilities and/or US Navy ships, as dictated by project needs to support meetings, demonstrations and/or data gathering.
- Five years operations experience with the DDG-51 ship class radio room and communications systems
Expert level knowledge of the Journeyman Communications Course including, but not limited to the:
- Lesson Plan for Journeyman Communications Course
- Desktop Reference for Journeyman Communications Course
- Nimitz Radio Room
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ten years experience with the DDG-51 ship class radio room and communications systems
- Systems engineering expertise using mature processes through the full SDLC of at least one project.
US citizenship required. Must possess a DoD personnel clearance at the secret level or above.