General Maintenance Engineer
Perform general repairs in and around the hotel and Reunion property as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform general repairs and maintenance of any and all equipment found in and around the hotel
- Specific work areas will be assigned as needed to each employee, based on skill level and experience
- Accurate record keeping on assigned tasks is required
- Ensure that all safety systems are operable
- Possess a high level of accuracy and neatness
- Respond to guest room calls as required
- Assist other departmental craft workers as required
- Perform all duties required as Fire Alarm Response Team
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school or equivalent education required
- Must have minimum of (3) three years hands-on experience working on minor electrical, painting, plumbing, a/c repairs, wallpaper and carpentry repairs
- Knowledge of HVAC, Refrigeration, Electrical, Carpentry, Plumbing, and Heaters is preferred
- Must have a valid FL driver’s license
- No more than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years
- Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing in the English language
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Position requires flexibility in scheduling to work rotating schedules, AM/PM, weekends & holidays
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and repair/maintenance tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and frequently lift 50 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
- Machine operators: (without inspection), mechanics, skilled trades people. Works with lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach. Also, mechanics and skilled trades people and those who do work of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
- Mobile equipment operators: those who operate cars, trucks, cranes, forklifts and high lift equipment.
- The worker is subject to hazards: includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions, one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: oils, fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.