Manager, Strategic Analytics
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Key influencer throughout the global organization on Market and Customer Strategy and its application throughout all marketing and sales initiatives. Responsible for evaluating market and customer-based growth and development opportunities. Leverage data science to analyze consumer, competitive, cross-department, and market trend data to strategically plan, optimize, and expand the business.
PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS AND FORECASTING
- Leverage data science to identify patterns as part of long term strategic assessments and recommendations
- Build long-range predictive models to evaluate and optimize long term goals
- Simulate and predict long term demand for various scenarios to assist with investment decisions
- Continually build and leverage business intelligence tools to track strategic KPIs across parks and departments to aid in strategic decisions
- Clearly display data visualization to convey a point in programs such as Tableau
- Provide thought leadership and communicate new strategies and learnings throughout the organization via email, meetings and presentations, with diverse audiences from marketing channel managers to C-Suite executives.
- Ensure the business case for identified opportunities are communicated effectively to all departments across all regions to include UniCreative, FP&A, and product planning
- Manage efforts to identify, execute, and communicate integration and alignment opportunities internationally both within Marketing & Sales as well as with other divisions
- Identify opportunities to enable better strategic alignment internally
- Manage the 5- year plan for marketing and sales department
- Continually evaluate new market trends and competitive opportunities/threats across the globe
- Unlock strategic opportunities for short and long term growth across UPR portfolio
- Assist Senior Director in the performance of other special duties and projects as needed in support of organizational goals
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities
PERFORMANCE METRICS (TBD on annual basis)
- UPR Strategic and Financial performance measures, OCF, Ticket Sales, Attendance, Revenue, Hotel Room Nights, TSAT
SCOPE: Manages projects and makes recommendations with significant and far-ranging impact on the performance of the business in both the short- and long-term as well as requiring significant financial and resource investments. Directly manages vendor relationships and indirectly influences executives and others across the multiple Universal Parks & Resorts locations. Serves as a key consensus builder and collaborator within marketing and sales and within company overall with regard to market and customer-based growth, and development opportunities and challenges.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree required. Masters in Economics, Statistics, Business Analytics or a related field required.
- 7+ years of progressive market and customer-based advanced analytic experience preferably in support of the consumer entertainment, travel or amusement park industry.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects with significant and far-ranging impact on the performance of the business requiring significant financial and resource investments
- Ability to communicate complex analyses and recommendations in a clear, concise and persuasive manner
- Experience with predictive modelling, forecasting, and statistical programming required
- Gift for visualizing and pulling together optimal data points, in the form of an analysis or model, to answer a strategic business question
- Ability to integrate market, competition, trends, organizational state and other points of interest into a coherent vision for change, development and growth
- Demonstrated cross-functional expertise in diverse fields such as marketing, strategy, finance, operations, etc. and with skills as far ranging as market demand modeling, ROI analysis, competitive risk assessments and scenario planning
- Superb diplomacy skills, ability to use appropriate levers to persuade others to take action and to strive to find solutions that meet the mutual needs of all parties and the company as a whole
- Strong project management competency managing cross-functional roles without direct supervision and selecting and managing vendors and outside contractors to augment internal capabilities
- Ability to partner internationally and willingness to learn the culture and unique differences of each park
- Experience/Knowledge in the following areas preferred/beneficial: Predictive Statistical Analyses/ Data Science, Competitive Analysis and Consumer Insights
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE