The YMCA of Central Florida has an exciting opportunity to join our experienced and innovative executive leadership team as the Chief Development Officer (CDO). Considered as a recognized leader within the YMCA national movement, our organization operates over 20 locations spanning six counties, with an annual revenue of approximately $65M. With opportunities for membership growth through an expanding Central Florida population, we’ve developed a strategic plan to guide us; a plan that will positively impact the lives of 600,000 Florida residents and grow to 40,000 advocates.
Reporting directly to the President/Chief Executive Officer, the CDO is responsible for providing leadership, vision and direction to the organization, leading staff and volunteers in philanthropic support of annual, capital, and planned giving initiatives, governmental relations and community affairs. The CDO will advance the YMCA’s mission through annual giving, government and foundation grants, endowment bequests, gifts and capital campaigns while building relationships with community members, governmental representatives and potential donors. The ideal candidate displays a high level of professionalism, political savvy and excellent interpersonal skills that reflects the YMCA brand and cause-driven mission. In addition, they must have the ability to establish and nurture relationships with major donors, interact with community leaders, key partners, and all levels of staff, volunteers / board members and media.
Success in the role will require strong leadership and relationship building skills, a well-rounded functional skill set, and superior management acumen. The incumbent will be challenged to provide a successful record of accomplishment in financial development / fundraising with comparable results, including trends in membership / advocacy growth. Significant areas of focus include; $10M - $15M in Annual Fundraising, Building up to 40,000 Advocates, Leading and Developing Metro Board, Key Partners, Major Funders (Identify, Engage, Solicit, Stewart), Structures the Fund Development Team and Securing Funding for Education/Youth Development and Outreach initiatives.
Our corporate office is centrally located in Downtown Orlando, Florida. Nearby are many world-class attractions, well-known theme parks, diverse dining and shopping options, museums, and an international airport. Events and entertainment are regularly held at the state of the art Amway Center and Dr. Phillips Performing Art Center. For the sports enthusiasts, Orlando is home to national sport teams, Orlando Magic and Orlando City Soccer. Nicknamed “The City Beautiful” Orlando offers many public lakes, walkable communities, pleasant year-round weather and it is a short 45-minute drive to Cocoa and Daytona Beaches. There are many “A” rated public and private school options in Orange County. Central Florida also has a variety of affordable housing options and there is no state income tax.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; business, nonprofit management or related field of study preferred. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years of progressively responsible professional experience in philanthropy, with proven results in campaign development and formidable execution that results in securing major gifts and significant achievements in annual Financial Development/Fundraising efforts.
- Demonstrated experience in successful six/seven figure gift requests preferred.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with key volunteers and boards. Ability to relate to top community leaders and diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the Central Florida community.
- Prior experience and knowledge about the YMCA, either as an employee, a member, a donor or a volunteer, is desirable.
- Proficiency in technology, including Microsoft Office and fundraising tools required.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits, which include the following:
- Affordable and quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employee and household.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Exceptional career opportunities with an innovative organization and one of the nation’s most recognized and valuable non-profit brands.
- A challenging and cause-driven work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.