Internship - Finance - Universal Creative (Summer 2019)
Universal Creative is seeking unique and bold talent to grow with us as we envision, design and deliver innovative attractions, exhilarating experiences, world-class resorts and immersive parks around the globe. Join us in creating a Universe of fun!
JOB SUMMARY: Assists and supports the Finance team with data entry, invoicing, and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Support the AP team with invoicing
- Review and audit invoices/payment applications related to assigned projects
- Research vendor payment issues and make recommendations for resolution
- Support monthly project cost tracking and reporting for project
- Prepare worksheets and analyze budget accounts to verify accuracy, identify business trends, or problems areas
- Assist with month end close, financial reporting, and various account reconciliations
- Verify transactions
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures
- Communicate with vendors on outstanding items
- Perform data analysis in reporting data as needed
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Senior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors may include: Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or Economics
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Knowledge of basic principles and practices of Accounting and Financial Analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem solving skills, entering and verifying data
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- Universal Creative does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Summer Internships are approximately from May 2019 through August 2019.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
ITS A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE