At Craft/Century Homes we are driven by innovation, collaboration and open communication. We are uniquely suited to create purposeful, forward-thinking homes for an active, sophisticated customer.
Craft/Century is currently seeking a Purchasing Agent. The role entails issuing RFPs, responding to bid package questions, evaluation of bids, selection of trades, contracting and completion of system budgets.
Craft/Century hires people who:
- Act with integrity
- Are proactive and value results
- Are innovative
- Uphold our reputation and brand
- Play, as a team
- Embrace a dynamic environment
- Care for each other
If you identify with these characteristics, want to work with a growing company and are interested in an Purchasing Agent position, please send your resume and cover letter to Careers@Tavistock.com. We offer great benefits, competitive salaries, an inspiring work environment and the latest employment practices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Source local companies to bid
- Award and contract current and future projects to existing and new vendors
- Review and negotiate with trades.
- Handle issues arising during project builds
- Create and maintain options programs
- Manage building specifications
- Negotiate cost changes resulting from price increases, or changes to scope of work or specifications
- Manage master budgets in system
- Setup community specific takeoffs in system
- Create community specific options / support Design Center
- Create layouts for numerous trade categories (trim, blinds, flooring, cabinets)
- Handle job starts and change orders (in the absence of a Purchasing Administrator)
- Prepare regular periodic and special accounting reports
- Assist with special projects as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2+ years’ experience with procurement and/or contract negotiation
- Associates degree or equivalent
- Construction experience preferred
- Strong trade management skills
- Ability to foster positive relationships with internal and external partners
- Working knowledge of Access and SAGE accounting software preferred
- Excel experience required
- Familiarity with reading blueprints, AIA construction documents and job cost accounting
- Able to work with a PO system
- Ability to work productively with little direction or supervision
- Excellent organization and communication skills mandatory
- Ability to articulate thoughts and actively listen in order to communicate effectively with co-workers and vendors
- Possess a valid Florida driver’s license and personal automobile available to run errands
- Ability to communicate in English effectively with other individuals
Essential physical requirements:
- Must be physically able to do assigned work as outlined above
- Must be physically able to sit and use the computer for hours at a time
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duty requested by the supervisor.