Sr. Manager, CRM and Email Marketing
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: The Sr. Manager, CRM and Email Marketing is responsible for the development and execution of digital CRM strategies that drive annual revenue and attendance growth for the company. This role manages a team and directs the execution of a digital contact strategy with customers using email and other digital marketing tactics to meet or exceed marketing and sales objectives. This includes outlining a communication contact sequence starting with lead generation, moving customers from prospect to loyalty and measuring/optimizing program effectiveness using advanced analytics. This role oversees the organizations email process for marketing and sales to insure consistency, privacy compliance, and use of best practices.
- Lead a team of CRM professionals and CRM Marketing agencies in the development of digital communication strategies that meet or exceed business goals for the companys marketing programs.
- Serve as a CRM subject matter expert providing consultative advice and recommendations to other Departments
- Manage all digital consumer direct communication and acquisition programs including (but not limited to) email, mobile, SMS and lead generation.
- Ensures utilization of CRM best practices and stays current on the latest tools, trends and techniques. Ensure compliance at all times with CAN-SPAM, GDPR, CASI and COPPA laws
Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Develop, implement and manage UO CRM strategy for email & mobile communications, and lead generation efforts to drive specific marketing and sales objectives.
- Utilize analytics and customer data to develop and execute digital communication strategies at the customer level that drive optimal results.
- Drive lead generation and engagement while enhancing the in-park guest experience through the use of mobile and CRM strategies.
- Test and optimize strategies that deliver against ROI targets while driving and optimizing key performance metrics.
- Develop the annual operating plan/budget for CRM support including labor, agency and program requirements.
- Managing the program development & implementation process and align with UO brand strategies. Process includes project briefs, collaborating on integrated communication plans, ideation / innovation, and execution.
- Oversee production and deployment schedule to ensure timely execution of campaigns and efficient use of resources and budget.
- Manage the development of analytical reports that track all program and campaign performance.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with cross divisional stakeholders to drive integration of CRM programs throughout all UO promotions and programs
- Maintain an ongoing calendar of the various CRM creative projects and associated development timelines to effectively and proactively manage workflow for on time and in budget execution.
- Manage the CRM strategy efforts to guide the delivery of programs and insights.
- Responsible for the utilization and evolution of campaign management systems to Insure optimal performance of digital CRM programs.
- Insure the team is adequately equipped with the necessary tools and training to perform the tasks associated with developing and implementing digital CRM programs.
- Provide direct reports with guidance in day-to-day activities, coaching for professional development and performance evaluations
SCOPE: The Sr. Manager, CRM and Email Communications plays a critical role in the development, implementation and management of CRM marketing strategies that drive customer engagement and acquisition to support the Companys revenue and attendance goals. They are responsible for evolving these functions across all marketing and sales channels in Florida, Outer US and International. They will provide the strategies, programs, and insights necessary to ensure successful execution toward critical business goals.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree from a four year college or university in Marketing, Communications or Business. MBA a plus.
- 7 10 years experience with development of CRM marketing strategies involving email, lead generation, mobile, and social marketing.
- Experience with utilizing a marketing database; understanding of relevant IT systems and processes associated with customer data.
- Must have Direct Marketing experience with large scale complex programs. Mobile and Social Media marketing a plus.
- Strong analytical and technical skills for Campaign Management and Reporting Software (Unica), spreadsheets, and databases,
- Extensive analytics experience in the development of CRM reporting and analytical techniques (e.g. statistical modeling, segmentation) to enable optimization of CRM programs.
- Experience with managing marketing agency relationships and defining agency scope of work, budget, and timelines.
- Ability to apply marketing automation, segmentation and sophisticated targeting strategies to CRM programs.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with a sense of urgency required to work in a deadline driven environment.
- Managed a team of 5+ digital CRM marketing resources
- Must have strong working knowledge of all MS application and superior Excel and analytical software skills
- Diligent, flexible, resourceful, independent worker with a strong work ethic.
- Strong communicator capable of delivering concise messages to various audiences.
- Positive attitude, team player with professional demeanor.
- Intellectual curiosity and strong willingness to learn.
QUALIFICATIONS: Influences decisions of major nature. Strong understanding of direct marketing and email practices with applied analytics. High degree of tact & diplomacy to obtain favorable decisions or maintain good will. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to understand and interpret program insights, write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of executives, managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret spread sheets.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE