Senior Administrator (Linux)
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: The Sr. Systems Administrator based in Orlando, Florida is responsible for all aspects of Universal Parks and Resorts Global Datacenter Services infrastructure. This individual would join an existing team of talented engineers whose goal is to provide IT services to a rapidly growing organization. This team member would provide day-to-day support, proactive maintenance, and make improvements to managed systems. This role requires 247 support availability by participating in an on-call rotation schedule. Attention to detail and a certain degree of creativity and latitude are required.
- Assist in the architecture and design of new and existing systems
- Configure and optimize hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Must have experience in creating effective standards and documentation of systems
- Research and recommend innovative solutions
- Automate system administration tasks
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies to scale
- Operations Support
- Assist in the implementation and documentation of Datacenter Services Infrastructure
- Identify capacity and performance issues to ensure uninterrupted service
- Tests and evaluates systems to eliminate obstacles and make improvements
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Maintain automation tools used to install and configure Datacenter Services infrastructure, including hardware, server operating systems, server management software, patch management etc.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
EDUCATION: An Associates degree (AA) required. A Bachelors or Masters degree is preferred
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 5-10 years of Systems Administration experience in the following areas is required:
* Managing Linux Server systems in an enterprise environment
* Managing automation tools in an enterprise environment.
* VMware platform
* Compute technologies
* Storage technologies
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: VMware VCP, Redhat RHCSA or RHCE are preferred
In-Depth knowledge of Linux Server Operating Systems
- Must have experience with Red Hat Satellite
- Must have experience with Puppet Enterprise
- Must have experience with Red Hat Ansible
- Must have an understanding of VMware platform
- Experience with Linux Container Technologies
- Experience with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Must have the ability to interface and influence at a professional level with other members of the organization
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
- Must have a mature sense of urgency, ownership, can-do attitude to deliver results accurately and timely in a dynamic work environment
- Must have the ability to travel for training, conferences or supported business locations
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE