Sr. Manager, Digital Strategy
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: The objective of this role is to apply a deep understanding of digital channel capabilities (web, CRM, social, media) to integrate marketing campaigns and connect the Universal Orlando brand and products to the consumer. With consultation from cross-functional digital teams, the Sr. Manager champions the consumers journey across channels to achieve business and campaign objectives and collaborates with leaders of non-digital channels to ideate and recommend campaign integration opportunities.
Digital Channel Strategist
- Aligns digital channels with audience strategy, goals and objectives.
- Assist in development of integrated marketing plans, leading digital strategy focused on moving consumer through funnel to conversion.
- Assist cross-functional teams in developing and evolving ideas to achieve brand goals, segmented marketing communication objectives and guest experience needs for Universal Orlando as a destination.
- Partner with Digital Channel leaders to utilize data and insights to provide strategic input to segment marketing teams, ensuring alignment and cohesive guest/partner experience.
- Adapt brand and segment strategy into channel-level tactical plans that clearly communicate the why and what to the channel teams for planning and execution and performance optimization.
- Work with Brand team to align with non-digital channel leads to ensure a cohesive, optimized Omni-channel guest experience.
- Leads brainstorming + tactical plan development with Digital Channels and subject matter experts based on Campaign Brief, resulting in interaction and journey maps depicting points of guest engagement across digital channels.
Brand, Marketing Communications and Digital Channel Liaison
- Represent digital channels in cross-functional task forces and planning/action meetings.
- Partner with Brand Management and Brand Communications to relay business insights, segment messaging objectives, and marketing communications strategy to digital channel teams.
- Work with Brand team to align with non-digital channel leads in PR, Symphony, and Partnerships to ensure a cohesive, optimized omni-channel guest experience.
- Collaborates with Channel Leads + Brand Communications to reprioritize and optimize effort (Stop, Start, Continue).
- Supports digital channels in development of business cases to inform Segment and Lifecycle planning.
Digital and Guest Experience Champion
- Work with channel teams and analytics to conduct channel/site analysis and competitive research to develop tactics, messaging and channel approach that inform guest experience, B2B partners, and market influencers.
- Work with Consumer Insights and Analytics teams to understand and advocate for the guest experience in a digital environment, informing brand objectives based on consumer insight and data.
- Align with Channel leaders to champion best practices in digital marketing and consumer technology trends and establish benchmarks for measuring success of digital marketing programs and tactics.
Performance Metrics (TBD on annual basis)
- Digital KPIs to achieve OCF goals, Minimum Winning Game standards, Brand Equity Measures, TSAT.
SCOPE: The Sr. Manager, Digital Strategy will collaborate as an integrator and amplifier of content strategy across the digital marketplace, surrounding the consumer with Universal Orlandos 360-degree brand message. This position is a vital customer relationship manager, both internally and externally.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in Marketing or Communications required; MBA strongly preferred.
- 7+ years of digital marketing and advertising experience preferably in the travel, entertainment or retail industry.
- A track record of performance meeting targets and objectives.
- Very strong analytical, planning, and critical decision-making skills.
- Out-of-the-box thinker with experience devising and informing content delivery strategies and tactics across the brands web sites, CRM initiatives, social media, mobile technology and online retail channels.
- In-depth understanding of digital marketing analytics, consumer and brand research and ability to turn data into insights to drive engagement, conversion and loyalty.
- A passion for and experience with new technology and media channels, a natural trend spotter for new technologies that play roles in consumers lives.
- Cross-functional expertise and the ability to be proactive and thrive in a fast-paced, complex and highly collaborative environment.
- Experience presenting to and working with senior executives.
- Ability to effectively manage change and conflicts, and problem solve in a highly-collaborative environment.
- Strong leadership experience. Ability to inspire and motivate a team of highly intelligent and driven individuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience connecting business strategy and communication strategy to digital consumer needs and expectations.
- Mastery of basic marketing principles, such as target segmentation, category, value proposition, positioning, and brand strategy.
- Proficiency with SEO, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and social platforms.
- Working knowledge of website design, html, search and social advertising, URL architecting, programmatic advertising, email marketing, and e-commerce.
- Basic knowledge of Public Relations and Offline Media capabilities.
- Familiarity with SEM/SEO strategies and broad knowledge of digital and other content delivery platforms.
Additional Experience/Knowledge Preferred:
- Understanding of key consumer segments (Florida/Orlando, Domestic US, International)
- Travel & Resort Industry, Entertainment &/or Theme Park experience
- Event Marketing and Management
- Launching New Attractions or Products/Services
- Brand Management
- Licensed Partner Marketing models
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE