Sr. Analyst, Consumer Insights - UPR
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Universal Parks and Resorts Consumer Insights is a primary research function charged with executing research related to long range planning, creating organizational efficiencies by handling research needs that span multiple park sites, and driving efficiencies and alignment in the execution of continual guest/ consumer tracking and satisfaction research programs. This position leads corporate level long range planning research, short and mid-term multi park research projects, and spearheads the dissemination of best practices across all UPR research groups.
Design, execute, and analyze corporate level long range planning research initiatives.
- Respond to requests for research initiatives related to long range capital investments across global parks, partnering with UPR Strategy, Finance, and Creative as appropriate.
- Leverage mix of internal and external resources to deliver timely, accurate, and effective results and recommendations.
- Utilize a variety of quantitative and qualitative research.
- Prepare reports and/or presentations to communicate findings and recommendations.
Design, execute, and analyze corporate level short and mid-term projects that span multiple parks for clients across Marketing and Sales, Operations, and Creative.
- Create efficiencies by executing research with objectives that impact multiple UPR park locations.
- Partner with local insights teams to ensure key stakeholders and resources at each site are leveraged in the process.
- Determine methodologies, execute research, and prepare all necessary presentations for various stakeholder groups.
- Provide additional analytical and other support to UPR level researchers leading ad hoc projects, assisting with survey programming, data tabulation, slide creation, and open end coding as needed.
- Support UPR Consumer Insights team with secondary research to optimize content included in global surveys as well as to identify best practices in cross cultural and culturally localized research.
SCOPE: This position will naturally be involved in sensitive, highly confidential work efforts that could include existing product as well as product researched for further development domestically and abroad. There are no direct revenue responsibilities, however this position is involved in revealing insights that could potentially improve overall revenue. This position is also charged with fiscal responsibility as it relates to research projects and administrative expenses.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree from a 4-yr college or university in Marketing Research, Marketing, Mathematics, Statistics, Anthropology, Sociology, Advertising, or related discipline.
Masters degree in Marketing Research (MMR), Survey Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration (MBA), or related discipline is preferred.
- 2-5 years of progressive experience in market research/consumer insights in a client-side or supplier-side role required.
- Proficiency in SPSS and Microsoft Office required.
- Demonstrated ability to design, execute, analyze, and communicate the research process and results to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience using multivariate statistical techniques (i.e., factor analysis, cluster analysis, discriminate analysis, regression, etc). And knowing when and how to apply them is a plus.
- Proficiency in Qualtrics (survey design)
- Proficiency in Sawtooth (conjoint design and analysis)
- Client relationship management and vendor management experience
- Knowledge of the Orlando tourism market
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE