Associate Programmer Analyst - Online Sales Support
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: The Associate Programmer Analysts role is to configure, define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, analyzing and supporting software programs and applications. The Associate Programmer Analyst may also setup and maintain system administration and configuration for software systems.
- Liaise with other technical staff to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems. Provide day-to-day application support on software systems at all Parks Technology locations. Periodically this includes after hours and weekend on-call support.
- Build and maintain system configuration of supported software systems adhering to defined standards.
- Design, run and monitor software tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement and general debugging.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of softwares business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
SCOPE: Follow established Universal Parks Technology methodologies and provide input to improve practices. Use established development and support tools to meet Service Level Agreements. Use established project management tools to report project labor for approved projects. Work directly with Parks Technology management and participate in regular meetings with the user community.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required. Bachelors degree is preferred- MIS, Computer Science, IT, Business.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of work experience in IT, preferred in IT Support role.
- Understanding of SQL database and query best practices including triggers, stored procedures and reporting using SQL Server Reporting Services preferred.
- Experience with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience in Online Sales System (eCommerce) application support and web-based architectures are required.
- Qualified candidates must have a well-rounded background in DNS architecture, high availability / load balanced environment support, Windows Server / IIS architecture, and familiarity with configuring and maintaining .NET applications.
- Experience with web-based languages is required. Specifically PHP, HTML, CSS, and familiarity with manipulating and administering a CMS tool.
- Experience working with an inventory management / entitlement system, like the Gateway Ticketing suite, is preferred.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required (examples: knowledge of specific aspects of an industry, technical knowledge and/or skills, communication skills, analytical skills, problem solving ability, multi-tasking ability ).
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding and ability to troubleshoot system interfaces/integrations, data extracts or translations
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively contribute to multiple projects in an efficient manner
- Ability to write and understand technical documentation
- Ability to manage a high volume of details with excellent accuracy
- Proven track record meeting targets, objectives and deliverables
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional peers
- Results oriented with a history of problem resolution and prevention
- Handle sensitive/confidential matters professionally
- Ability to communicate effectively with business and IT technical teams
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
- Highly self-motivated and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- The job is based in Orlando, Florida and requires 247 support, either on-call or on-site. Regular on-call rotation duty is expected.
- Willingness to travel and/or work weekends with short notice.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE