Content Writer, Content + Engagement Creative (Temporary)
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: The Content + Engagement Team plays a critical role in building the Universal Orlando Resort brand through content creation, community management and experiential fan activations. The Content Writer will be a creative storyteller to fuel the awareness of our brand and increase demand for our business.
- Writes creative, compelling articles for the Universal Orlando Resort blog.
- Turns communication strategies into strategic concepts and creative articles that are highly searchable.
- Creating concise, eye-catching, and innovative headlines, social media copy, video content scripts and articles body copy.
- Researching, interviewing, and organizing facts and sources.
- Collaborating with a variety of internal partners.
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication.
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone).
- Provide editorial oversight of all articles written for the Universal Orlando Blog.
- Help shape and elevate other writers content.
- Blog management, programming and CMS technologies
- Experience in writing for social media, and blog platforms
- Understanding of SEO and keywords to optimize digital content
SCOPE: The role is responsible to concept, write, and edit blogs as well as act as a day to day copywriter for the Content Engagement team.
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree in creative writing, journalism, public relations, English, or related field.
EXPERIENCE: 3-4 years of experience writing for an agency and/or brand as copywriter, journalist or content writer; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent grasp of English language
- Creative and innovative thinker and planner
- Confident in producing work across multiple platforms
- Able to align multiple brand strategies and ideas
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- High school degree or equivalent; Bachelors degree in creative writing, journalism, public relations, English, or related field preferred
- 3 to 5 years experience writing professionally with a brand, or a media company
- Ability to work independently and as an active member of a team
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and Google Docs
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strict adherence to company policies and style
- Extensive knowledge of the company, brand, and product preferred
- Will have a positive attitude and be a problem-solver
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE