RN Clinical Nurse II - ICU/Women's Advance Care - Full Time - Nights - Winnie Palmer Hospital - Winnie Palmer Hospital
Orlando Health is one of Floridas most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare systems providing access to nearly two million Central Florida residents and has provided care for more than 4,600 international visitors annually. Our physician practices, diagnostic centers, hospitals and advanced medical treatments and procedures, along with our highly qualified team of medical specialists, have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader. We are one of Central Floridas largest employers with more than 15,000 employees and nearly 3,000 affiliated physicians supporting our philosophy of providing a continuum of care that revolves around patients needs. As a leading healthcare resource, providing world-class medical care as well as training our future healthcare providers, Orlando Health will continue to foster growth and development throughout the region for generations to come. We are looking for talented individuals to be part of our team.
Winnie Palmer Hospital is part of Arnold Palmer Medical Center, which includes Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and the Howard Phillips Center for Children & Families, and is the largest facility dedicated to children and women in the United States. Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies is dedicated exclusively to the unique healthcare needs of women and babies in a caring, family-centered environment. An extraordinary Orlando Health facility, we are home to leading physicians, surgeons and specialists, as well as one of the nations largest and most successful neonatal intensive care units. Our physicians provide specialized care that covers all facets of women's health, from comprehensive gynecological services and minimally invasive surgeries to obstetrics and high-risk pregnancies and births.
Winnie Palmer Hospital (WPH) is currently seeking a Registered Nurse that will provide direct patient care in a hospital setting.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing educational.
- Meets all mandatory and developmental requirements for Orlando Health and unit/department.
- Maintains current Florida RN license and BLS/Healthcare Provider certification are required.
- ACLS certification for adult critical care areas. PALS required for Pediatric Critical Care areas. NRP required for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). (See unit specific requirements for specialty certification).
- Twelve months hospital RN experience required.
- Based on area of assignment, specialty courses and specialty experience may be required.
- Able to meet job duties of Clinical Nurse I.
- Must meet unit specific performance competencies.
- Assess patients needs and develops/revises an individualized plan of care based on patient needs and responses. Evaluates the patients progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit/ department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patients status and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs.
- Coordinates the care and delegates as appropriate to other team members on a defined group of patients.
- Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful and consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards. This includes but is not limited to: patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments and patient safety.