Data Center Administrator I - Orlando Health Corporate - req3003
Orlando Health is one of Floridas most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare systems providing access to nearly two million Central Florida residents and has provided care for more than 4,600 international visitors annually. Our physician practices, diagnostic centers, hospitals and advanced medical treatments and procedures, along with our highly qualified team of medical specialists, have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader. We are one of Central Floridas largest employers with more than 15,000 employees and nearly 3,000 affiliated physicians supporting our philosophy of providing a continuum of care that revolves around patients needs. As a leading healthcare resource, providing world-class medical care as well as training our future healthcare providers, Orlando Health will continue to foster growth and development throughout the region for generations to come. We are looking for talented individuals to be part of our team.
During night and weekend shifts, the Data Center Administrator (night & weekend) (DCAI) is responsible for maintaining the Information Technology (IT) Data Center infrastructure within all Orlando Health facilities. This role performs a wide range of critical Information Services (IS) tasks including the monitoring, maintenance, back-up, archiving, troubleshooting, upgrades, updates and implementations of all local and hosted IT systems.
Associates degree required.
Two (2) years of directly related work experience may substitute for the Associates degree (in addition to the requirements listed in the Experience section).
Two (2) years of hands-on experience with Microsoft server technologies or desktop in a domain environment, along with exposure to general networking services, enterprise backup technology, and malicious protection software required.
- Supports systems, servers, and their related databases and applications on day-to-day issues, as well as performing upgrades and scheduled maintenance.
- Supports new infrastructure initiatives as requested.
- Performs Server Setup and Maintenance, Network Support and Maintenance, Disaster Recovery, Backups, and Archiving, Ad-hoc technical support, Software support (including software products and updates), and diagnoses and resolves issues within all environments, in order to provide Orlando Health users with the highest system availability.
- The DCAI works closely with all IS teams as needed to coordinate effective problem resolution and service restoration.
- Exposure to Data Center support, client-server hardware support, printing services, Windows desktop and Server Administration, virtualization administration, and Networking.
- Shift varies to support the needs of the business to have an operational 24x7x365 data center.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Analyzes and assists in evaluating server technology.
- Presents recommendations and assisting in the planning of corporate strategic technology direction.
- Supports and assists complex projects requiring implementation of new server technology.
- Documents server, utility and network standards, configurations and procedures.
- Inventories and corrects records of all Data Center or distributed infrastructure assets.
- Mentors Service Desk, field support and other IS team-members as needed.
- Performs general project planning tasks such as quality checks, peer reviews, documentation, alternative implementation analysis, and project status tracking and reporting.
- Analyzes and assists in defining disaster recovery responsibilities and procedures.
- Assists senior technicians in determining operational, technical, and support requirements for the installation, operation, and maintenance of server systems.
- Keeps informed on latest developments and standards in the server management field.
- Assists in the evaluation of new server technologies for potential acquisition and directs the evaluation of various hardware and software resources to identify strengths, weaknesses, and potential benefits to the corporation.
- Performs performance tuning and capacity planning activities to enhance the performance of server, database and system utility resources following department standards.
- Monitors server utilization and availability.