The YMCA of Central Florida is seeking a dynamic person with excellent customer service skills who is seeking to grow and learn in their accounting career as the Accounting / Payroll Assistant. This is a Full-time / Hourly and entry-level payroll support position; under the direction and supervision of the Payroll Administrator at the corporate office located in Downtown Orlando.
This individual will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of accurately and timely payroll processing for the organization; with approximately 20 locations and 2,000 employees. S/he will respond to the centralized payroll emails, answering questions or directing staff to the appropriate resource all while providing a high-level customer service experience. The primary responsibility of this role is to assist in reviewing, preparing and processing transactions for bi-weekly payroll data in the ADP payroll system and assist in other related accounting or shared service functions.
This is a Full-time; Non-exempt (Hourly) position.
1. High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree or equivalent experience in; Accounting, Finance, Business, is a plus.
2. Minimum one year of experience in Payroll required; within a similar-sized organization that has multiple locations a plus.
3. Familiarity with Windows-based computer programs a must. Proficiency in Excel required.
4. Proficiency working with ADP or a similar payroll management system / human resources information system (HRIS).
Knowledge, Attitude, Skills and Habits
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills.
3. High level of organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
4. Knowledge of accounting and payroll best practices.
5. Ability to meet deadlines while working in a fast-paced multi-priority environment.
6. Ability to create professional reports and spreadsheets.
7. Ability to demonstrate and maintain a high level of customer service.
8. Ability to maintain and demonstrate a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
1. Affordable and quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
2. Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
3. 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
4. YMCA membership for employee and household.
5. Generous paid time off package.
6. Career growth opportunities with one of the largest and most innovative YMCA Associations in the country.
7. A challenging, fun and cause-driven work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should forward a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Be part of something BIGGER in your career. The YMCA of Central Florida is one of the area’s largest and leading nonprofits with over 2,000 employees and revenues of over $60 million. Our organization is committed to teaching positive life skills, values and the importance of giving back. Each day, we work side-by-side with others to strengthen the foundations of our communities.