Share your talents. Be a role model. Make a difference in a child’s life today! At the YMCA of Central Florida you have the opportunity to do just that! Not to be mistaken as a babysitting job, this a unique opportunity within the Y to impact the lives of children in Central Florida. Our child development staff have the rewarding job of working with children about values, helping them learn to read and keeping them active and healthy through daily fitness activities.
The Frank DeLuca YMCA Family Center located in Ocala, Florida is seeking responsible individuals interested in a job where they can make a positive impact on youth. Individuals should be energetic and passionate about working with infants; up to six years old as Co-Teachers / Youth Group Leaders.
We are open 7 days a week, and shifts may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Co-Teachers will assist in the planning and implementing of activities that fit the children’s needs and interests!
*We have year-round part-time or seasonal summer only positions available
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Previous child care experience
- Must possess or be willing to obtain current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on operation needs
Knowledge, Attitude, Skills and Habits
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desire and ability to work with children of all ages.
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability.
- Follow through actions regarding communication with all parents.
- Must exhibit patience and understanding.
- Receives and follows detailed instructions.
- Must be alert at all times, keeping safety in mind.
- Must be capable of working under pressure in a somewhat disruptive environment.
- Must be capable of working closely with all levels of management and under minimal supervision.
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- YMCA membership for employees; discounts for spouse and dependents
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.