RT Specialty, a division of Ryan Specialty Group is looking for an Seniro Underwriter to join our West Palm Beach, FL office. We are a fast paced, energetic and rapidly growing organization that offers a great opportunity for someone interested in further developing their career.
The RT Underwriter is focused on developing and maintaining a profitable book of business by building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Holds the appropriate licenses for all marketing jurisdictions.
- Communication of risk appetite and the RT Value proposition to the agent.
- Develop strong, long term relationships with the agents to add to a profitable book of business.
- Manage internal and external relationships that will contribute to a superior service experience for the agent and broker customer.
- Senior level underwriters will provide guidance and direction to junior staff including underwriters and underwriting assistants as needed.
- Quickly evaluate, prioritize, and select submissions and price risks that will develop an underwriting profit for the carrier; refer or decline risks that present excessive risk.
- Liaise with resources for individual risk assessment, including financial and COPE data.
- Collaborate with internal team on targeted, desirable accounts.
- Recognize and create cross sell opportunities for other products.
- Work with agents to understand options that best meet insured needs.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with the agent or broker.
- Participate in RT Underwriting projects as needed.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five (5) years underwriting experience.
- Bachelors preferred.
- Strong analytical and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel to agent and broker, carrier, and employer meetings.
- Ability to work in a highly automated, paperless environment, including specialized software packages.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office Suite.
Ryan Specialty Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer