First Notice of Loss Processor
At ICW Group, we focus on our customers and we sweat the details! As a First Notice of Loss Processor on the Workers Compensation Claims team you can help us realize our mission of creating the best insurance experience possible for our customers. This team member serves as the first point of contact for customers to report new injuries either by phone, fax, or online tools and is responsible for inputting information into ICW Group Claims Systems.
In addition to providing excellent customer service, a First Notice of Loss Processor follows established methods, practices and procedures, and applies general principles and concepts under general direction. Attention to detail is a critical skill for this role, as all work is reviewed in progress for technical judgment, overall quality and efficiency.
- Provide customer care and service to insureds.
- Answer all incoming inquiry calls directed by general switchboard.
- Receives/intakes new initial claim information either via phone, online and/or fax and enter into claim systems.
- Responds to insureds in a timely manner.
- Directs questions to the appropriate contact in the department
- Sets up new claims in claim system, creates paper file and makes appropriate calls to parties as directed.
- Reviews insurance policy information to determine coverage.
- Completes data entry for all first reports of injury.
- Determines severity of injuries and advises the appropriate levels of staff timely.
- Performs additional functions such as processing incoming mail and other administrative duties relating to claims.
Desired Education and Experience:
We are looking for a High school Diploma or GED and no prior experience is required. Our ideal candidate has excellent phone skills, strong computer skills, a talent for data entry, and an eye for detail.
This exciting role in our Claims department can be the start of a long-term career in the insurance industry. We would love for you to consider us in your next career move!